help for freaky dry elbows?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Jan 16, 2007.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

For years my elbows have been freaky dry- I mean BAD. THe skin feels like sand paper, and is discolored- whitish and redish at the same time, hard to explain. They usually don't hurt or itch but ocassionally do.

It is also embarassing because you can see the skin discoloration very easily and so it looks like I don't bathe. I try scrubbing them but it doesn't help.

It gets worse in winter. (all of my skin is dry, but the elbows are a whole different level of dry). I put lotion or vaseline on all the time and it helps a little bit , temporarily.

I saw a dermatologist about it and she just said to keep using lotion.

I also take fish oil capsules (for general health) and I was hoping they would help my elbows, but they don't.

Anybody else have this? Any advise?

bigmama2
  2. Vitter

Vitter New Member

I have dry elbows, but am sorry to say I don't know what to do about it either. I just put on lotion everyday. It helps a little.

Vicki
  3. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I have really dry elbows and it seems like the skin in thicker than it used to be. I just keep using cream. I like the GoldBond cream. It seems to work best for me,.
  4. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Bag Balm... it's available at your pharmacy.. Mainly used for diaper rash.. works wonder on dry skin.. and lips..

Z
  5. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

or coconut oil might help also.

Howver, MikeReynolds is pointing you in the right direction - you probably do have some kind of nutritional deficiency that you need to correct.

Best wishes,

Toma
  6. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

I also have the really dry elbows and feet. I borrowed my grandmother's special diabetic creme, and it helped so much!

It also helps to repair cuts and scars faster since it's hard for diabetics or anyone with a compromised immune system to heal.

Any decent pharmacy should have special diabetic creme. Ask the pharmacist. Give it a try. Hope it helps.

Warmly,
    LB32 (Leeza)
  7. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this dumb annoying problem. And I'm even more glad to know that it can be fixed with all your great ideas. Hopefullly I'll have smooth elbows soon! (that don't catch on sweaters!!!)

bigmama2
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2007]