Help for friend about anorexia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Apr 4, 2006.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i hope that this is not into something that I should not. (that is a weird wording) Her college grad daughter is in clinic with anorexia. Is there a support website like this great one for her to look for answers.

Thanks a million and she would thank you too

Joan
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Google it or whatever. I don't know of one personally, but there must be something out there to help this mother.

How dreadful to watch your daughter deteriorate that way.

My best to all.

Sue
  3. kittikatt

kittikatt New Member

This looks like a good forum for eating disorder support.

http://fishyvb.something-fishy.org/
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Some hospitals that have eating disorder treatment units also have a support group for family and friends of the patients. She will need all of the support that she can get. Anorexia is a really insidious disease.
  5. Shelbyeatenton

Shelbyeatenton New Member

The sites below i used when i was recovering from Anorexia nervosa. I hope your friends daughter finds some help and makes some lasting friendships in them. They can really help. :)

www.edauk.com
    Has an online support group and is also a very good UK based eating disorder support tool.

www.something-fishy.org
    as someone has previously mentioned is also very good. They have a very good reputation also.

http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/4220/chat.html
    Eating Disorders Chatroom. An eating disorders chatroom. I haven't had as much experience of this though! but it looks good though!:)

The site that i'm listing below offers a lot of useful advice for people that are worried about someone, or are maybe silently suffering. You don't have to, take a look.

www.pale-reflections.com
    this site offers information/support about all eating disorder and also telephone numbers for support for a number of different countries including UK, US, Canada and Australia. It also offers advice about treatment.

Send my love and strength to your friend and her daughter,
    she will need to be strong, but she will get through it,
    Take care,
    Hugs,
    Shelby
    xx