Help for Lyme, Antivirals, and Herbs? Which for which?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by rubyart, Feb 5, 2007.

1. rubyart

rubyart New Member

I just started treatment for chronic Lyme, EBV, HHV-6, and mycoplasma infection and I am on IV ceftriaxone, Valtrex, Valcyte, and Azithromycin. I am in week 5 and am herxing up a storm. Been getting advice about herbals and wondering if anyone here can weigh in.

Probiotics, acidophillus, --I'm taking these

What about Chlorella? I've heard its good for removing waste from bacteria, and other pests. I've also heard its bad b/c it can remove the good medicine, too.

What about Elderberry, Milk Thistle, Bromelain?

I am also taking B vitamins.

Please advise, many thanks.
  2. Chootik

Chootik New Member

My god. You're taking a lot of stuff. I would go slower if I was you.

As far as the Cholrella, not sure if it can take out bad stuff.. it's great for Mercury Detox. I take it since I'm on teh Cowden Protcol and I take Samento and Cumanda (Herbals) and the Dr. remommends Cholrella to detox.

Also Milk Thistle and Bromelain are great for Detox and getting rid of the Fibrinogen that Lyme forms to hide from the Immune System. So that's good too.

Vit. B is always good for your nerves and clarity, brain fog and such.

Good luck and keep everyone here posted how you do on Valcyte.

By the way, who is treating you? Where do you live?

Good luck
    Chootik
  3. rubyart

rubyart New Member

I have to say that I believe I am over the worst of the herxing, unbelievably. Last week I had 5 days of incredible energy and clarity. Indeed I am on a lot of meds, but after being bedridden for a year and a half, this energy and diminished pain feels like a miracle. [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2007]