help for osteoarthritis pain please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by kkramer, Jul 14, 2013.

1. kkramer

kkramer Member

Hello

I am totally new to this forum, so hope I am doing things right. I have had terrible fibro for decades for which I think I have recently found relief with cucurmin. Yeah!!! Now My osteoarthritis in my spine is screaming due to too much sitting/laying for years. I was recently put on heparin so can't take NSAIDS that used to help some. Any other suggestions to lessen this awful pain would be greatly appreciated.

Karen
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Karen, I could write my own book on OA...I too deal with fibro since 1999. OA started about 1956....worked all my life on that and with age, worse and FOR ME, even worse since hip replacement in 2010.

I've tried everything but do NOT want pharma drugs, one drug put me in the ER with a stomach ulcer in the early 80's...

At this point I find acupuncture helps me a lot with spinal stenosis, which came on after hip replacement...

There are some specific exercises on SpineUniverse for spinal issues.

I take 2 turmeric per day and that addresses inflammation. Also Anatabloc and now Zymain both for inflammation. There is so much to try and that's what I've been doing all my life. jam

Advil gives me relief and try to keep the dose down...take 3 stomach protectors with all this stuff to help protect my stomach.
  3. kkramer

kkramer Member

Thanks

What med landed you in hospital? I just recently got fm help with cucurmin(enhansa brand). In past high doses of fish oil helped OA,but have had many surgeries in last two years that have got me so stuck that can't move for the OA.
  4. kkramer

kkramer Member

What is anyone's knowledge for depression help? After almost 30 years of CFS?FM, and 6 surgeries/PT in last 2 years, I am suicidal. One friend says no SSRI"S, we are already toxic, What do others think?
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

If you are suicidal DO NOT listen to your friend. You need to go into your doctor immediately and ask for help. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking antidepressants when you really need them. They are only temporary and are life savers.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Ask your doc about taking acetaminophen. It's my understanding that it will not increase bleeding. I was allowed to take it prior to surgery but not any other NSAIDS.

Love, Mikie
  7. Unica03

Unica03 Member

Most successful treatment programs involve a combination of treatments tailored to the patient's needs, lifestyle, and health. Most programs include ways to manage pain and improve function. These can involve exercise, weight control, rest and relief from stress on joints, pain relief techniques, medications, surgery, and complementary and alternative therapies. Financial support is highly needed.