Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by suzetal, Jun 6, 2007.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

This is for real and cost you nothing but your time to fill in application.

Good luck.

National Telecommuting Institute (NTI) is a unique educational/job-matching organization pioneering the development of telework jobs for Americans with disabilities. NTI staff bring together employers who have agreed to "go virtual," advanced communications technology, and vocational rehabilitation agencies to enable individuals with disabilities to train for and work online in environments that are more easily accessible to them.

NTI prepares qualified individuals with disabilities primarily for work as customer service representatives, but also as technical support agents and medical transcriptionists. Equipped with voice and computer connections, NTI employees have provided service for customers of organizations and companies such as the Internal Revenue Service and AAA Roadside Assistance.

For more detailed information, please visit the appropriate portion of our site:

Apply for Jobs
    VR Counselors
    Hire NTI to find teleworkers
    Our History
    NTI was incorporated as a nonprofit disability organization in Boston in 1995. NTI grew out of the efforts of a small group of rehabilitation professionals searching for strategies to help the large number of talented and motivated individuals with disabilities who strongly prefer or require home-based work.

In the past 10 years NTI has gone down many paths, selecting those that show the most promise.

We're the prime contractor on contracts from federal agencies such as the IRS and the Department of Veterans Affairs. Using special set-aside legislation for people with disabilities, NTI has hired hundreds of home-based Americans who now answer calls and take orders for the IRS Forms and Publications Order Line or who perform medical transcription work for Veterans Administration hospitals.
    We're a subcontractor providing qualified remote agents with disabilities to commercial contractors who operate call centers for agencies such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Department of Labor, and the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
    We provide qualified applicants to commercial companies performing a variety of tasks suitable for remote workers. We've matched home agents with disabilities to companies such as Ticket Master, Home Shopping Network, Alamo, Lens Express, GE Financial Services, AT&T Language Line, 800-Flowers, Phase2Solutions, Staples, The GAP, JLodge, Signature Group and AAA Roadside Assistance.
    We advise our commercial partners on general remote workforce screening, training, and management strategies. We also provide access to NTI's innovative distance-training infrastructure.
    We continue to research new occupational niches and experiment with new strategies to further our mission.

Legal Structure
    NTI is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, incorporated in Massachusetts.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Hope it works out for all who try it!

I think I just got a long distance 'computer-based' job typing reports myself ... email is such a wonderful thing!!!

3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

It will work for those who are qualified.I got a job from them but my doctors would not allow it right now due to my back .I can not sit anymore.Only for a little bit.

After my surgery I will reapply.

4. LadyC

LadyC New Member

but I have already been working from home. I am on STD right now. I thought working from home would be good but I was not able to handle it. My company requires 30% more production for employees working from home. I found myself going around in a vicious circle. The worse I felt the longer it took to do my work. The longer I had to work the worse I felt. Most of the time I would be signed on and trying to work for 10 to 12 hours each day. The last day I worked I signed on at 7:30AM and off at 3 something the next morning. I went on STD the next day.

My FMLA is about to end and I have been advised that I am about to be terminated. I would like to find something that I can do from home. Not sure what that could be. My family really needs my salary.

I can't sit too long or use the keyboard or mouse for long periods. I have a lot of problems with my entire right side especially my right hand and arm. Unfortunately I'm right handed.

Are there any jobs for someone like me? I can't think of anything. :(
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I a sure there is a job for you.Go to the sight look to the left and there is a list of a lot of different things just apply I am sure you can find something.

6. LadyC

LadyC New Member

I checked the website and did find a couple of things that I might be able to do. I feel so much better just knowing there are some options. My current job is safe until the 16th. Then I will check again to see what is available. Thank you so much.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It was one of those automated things. I finally got around to filling out an application yesterday.

I also got the ball rolling on SS's Ticket To Work Program. I am waiting for the counselor to call to set up an interview.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2007]
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you want a job through them, you need to contact your state's vocational rehab dept. and get a counselor. They don't hire unless you have one. Vocational rehab can help with the cost of setting up a home office and with training, such as computer skills.

Love, Mikie