Help friend out of meds and can't get refill

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BWriter, Jun 6, 2006.

1. BWriter

BWriter New Member

My friend is the one with fibromyalgia. She was taking her meds yesterday and by accident, spilled the one bottle into the sink. It melted the pills and she lost a week's worth.

The doctor will not give her a prescription for these because of policy regarding any pill, like a Vicodin, that could be addictive. She even offered to show him the melted pills to prove she's not trying to take too much.

Now she's in terrible pain and she can't get any meds until the regular refill time.

I asked her if she couldn't take the melted pills and at least get some relief, but either they're melted together -- she says their granules -- and she's afraid of taking the wrong dosage.

Does anyone have any ideas? I hate seeing her like this.
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

she could go to the er and tell them what she has and that her pills are not working well enough for her. the er might give her a script for something that could keep her till her next doctors appointment. If her meds were like vicodine or in that area of drugs (barbituates) they won't prescribe them but something is better then nothing i would think.
  3. BWriter

BWriter New Member

I just called her and suggested the ER. I don't know why neither of us thought of that. She's going to get someone to watch her daughter and then head over there.

Thanks so much again!!