Help from the ladies please!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Misfit101, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I think i missed a discussion on a type of cami that held the girls in place. Im having difficulty dressing myself. Hooking a bra is virtually impossible. Is there something out there to take its place? Dont have the figure that allows them to flop around unharnessed. Full figured would apply here tho thats likely an understatement. Help!
  2. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

as far as MY girls go.....they're been very happy in camis since my surgery. I tried wearing a bra a few weeks ago and couldn't make it through the day.

I go to my favorite high end store, "Le Que Mart" and buy the camis made by Joe Boxer. I buy the kind without the extra added "shelf bra" (what an appoppriate name !!).

And, I'm no lightweight either, but I buy the large - not extra large. That way they're tight enough to keep the girls from flying around all over the place but not so tight that I can't breathe.

I've given up on the days of having the girls point the way for me. I'm just happy keeping them from having a zip code of heir own.
  3. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Lol @ their own zip code. Jan if youd said any other place besides walmart id have been in trouble. Or penneys. But our penneys is small.Is joe boxer in the guys section?
  4. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

There's a Joe Boxer section in the ladies bra/panties/slip/sleepwear section. I'm sure there's other brands besides Joe Boxer, it's just that they're my favorites.

Hope you and the girls have fun shopping!

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

However, I do wear bras for other reasons :) ! If you can stand wearing a bra, I have a sneaky way of putting it on so I don't kill myself either.

I can't put on from the back like you are supposed to either due to my FM , etc. SO, I hook it in the front (with the back turned so I can hook it first). Then, I turn it around and put it on. Maybe it might be harder for you to do since your "girls" are bigger than mine :) .

If that doesn't help go for the camis that work for you!!

Good luck !

6. spacee

spacee Member

Never in my whole bra life have I been able to hook them in the back. Alway do it from
    the front. Cause I don't have eyes in the back of my head :)

7. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I was trying to think if ive EVER hooked it in the back. Dont think so. I know now it wouldnt happen. My arms wont bend that much lol. IF i can get out this wknd im going to ck joe boxer out. I seriously think my days of this harness are coming to an end. And jam...if you can go out in public wo a harness...more power to you!
  8. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

I remember when I used to work in the nursing homes, almost EVERY woman I cared for went braless. They said that it felt soooo good to not wear a bra after so many years of having to dress "properly"!!! Lots of the ladies just wore cute little sleeveless slip-type thingees.

Lots of them said if they had the energy to run, they'd run down the halls naked too! I just loved those ladies!

As as far as being able to hook a bra in the never happened. I KNOW I wouldn't be able to do it now and I don't think I could do it when I was more limber. And, like Spacee, I don't have eyes in the back of my head either! Of course, with all the medical problems we all have, maybe we'll grow an extra set of eyes, who knows?!!
  9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I wear the kind of bra that hooks in the front, between the cups. This kind of bra can be difficult to find, but if you have fibromyalgia pain and difficulty navigating a traditional bra, then I'm sure you'll find this bra to be worth the search. God bless, Anne Theresa
  10. jole

jole Member

You're too funny!!
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

I love those ladies you worked with too, Jan! Too funny, yet sort of sad. Why does 'being proper' have to entail being uncomfortable. We have had it so much easier most of our lives than our mothers did, tho.

I did read somewhere some research (more than 1 study) about how bras restricted (constricted?) lymph flow and there was a higher incidence of one kind or another of cancer that was correlated to bras. Can't remember the details. But, the more you don't wear one, the healthier it is ultimately. My former gyn. had this posted on her "current news" bulletin board permanently!
  12. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

forget the bras ladies.

just go with stick-on "pasties".

13. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Unless the pasties will let me tape 'em up where theyre supposed to be.......Thats interesting what the gyno had in the office. Good reason to go wo one! I was in walmart today but forgot to ck out a bra alternative! *pounds self on head*
  14. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

You know, I'm not surprised that bras would restrict lymph flow. Never even thought of that before. But it makes sense. Especially with those push 'em up kind.

Becky....hurry up and get a cami or two. You and the girls will feel sooooo much better.
  15. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Did you get your camis yet?
  16. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

No not yet. :( I havent been back to wm yet. Its a 25 mile drive one way so i just cant pop over there. Ive been going braless. Unless i go out in public. And even then it just depends on what the public is lol. Soon i hope!