Help- Frustrated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheryl, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

I take babysit for a 1 year old. I was looking forward to a wonderful 5 day stretch of being off. First my 15 year old daughter was home from school for 2 days with a cold, had a hard time getting her to go back today. Yesterday I fell in my yard when I took the dog out. There was a hole at the edge of the cement patio. My right leg fell all the way through and I landed on my butt and tailbone and both my arms hit the ground palms first. I sat there stunned and wondered how I was going to get up and then just forced myself to. My leg and shoe were covered in mud. Now I ache so bad I keep wanting to cry. I had back surgery (not because of the FMS) last year and have always been so careful about falling to protect my back. Hope I have not damaged it. All I could do was feel sorry for myself because I had not yet had a whole day alone and now my days off will be spent in extra pain. Am I being to selfish? Anyway, THANKS for listening.

Hugs,
    Sheryl
  2. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

I take babysit for a 1 year old. I was looking forward to a wonderful 5 day stretch of being off. First my 15 year old daughter was home from school for 2 days with a cold, had a hard time getting her to go back today. Yesterday I fell in my yard when I took the dog out. There was a hole at the edge of the cement patio. My right leg fell all the way through and I landed on my butt and tailbone and both my arms hit the ground palms first. I sat there stunned and wondered how I was going to get up and then just forced myself to. My leg and shoe were covered in mud. Now I ache so bad I keep wanting to cry. I had back surgery (not because of the FMS) last year and have always been so careful about falling to protect my back. Hope I have not damaged it. All I could do was feel sorry for myself because I had not yet had a whole day alone and now my days off will be spent in extra pain. Am I being to selfish? Anyway, THANKS for listening.

Hugs,
    Sheryl
  3. JP

JP New Member

Not selfish at all...I really need my time alone. So sorry about your fall. I know what it is like to go through life so carefully. I hope you recover quickly.

Hang in there,
    Jan