Help Had a BAD fall

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hartogold, Sep 18, 2006.

1. hartogold

hartogold New Member

I'm 53. I had a bad fall walking down the hill of my neighbor's house. I would really appreciate responses my question.

We live in the country and most of us have dirt driveways. When I when I walk, I try to be very careful because , as you know, it only takes a small rock and you're down. I am living truth of that because it's only been 9 months since I had major shoulder surgerys ago from a fall. I tore my rotator cuff, tendons, ligaments, etc. My arm muscle literally was down around my elbow.

This time I have a sprained ankle, I hurt my bad knee, and I landed almost entirely on the my right breast and ribs. I think I may have a broken or bruised ribs because it hurts to breath. I have called my doc and see him this week.

Anyway, that night and the last two nights I have had the signs of a flare up. Most of my body hurts --especially at night. The last two nights the pain has been waking me up frequently from pain and crying in my pillow so I woudn't wake hubby. I'm also in pain during the day and feel exhausted from it.

I had many flare ups during that entire experience so my question is can trauma cause flare ups??

Thanks so much, and God bless all of us.
    Sandy

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I am so sorry about your fall. I had one not too long ago, and I hurt badly for longer than I should have.

Many people here have reported flares after a trauma, so you're not alone...

But, I'm sure you feel like it right now. I hope some relief will come soon. I'm glad you are going to see your doctor...sounds really painful and hopefully he/she can do something to ease your pain.

Watch the walking. I know it's hard...

Take care and keep us posted on your recovery.

Sue
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Mine has saved me from many a fall.I hope that you feel better soon.Would your doctor prescribe some temporary meds.Linda
  4. hartogold

hartogold New Member

Thanks fight. Thank God I have my hubby for support, but he has physical problems of his own too and can only do so much.

Sandy
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Sandy,

I am so sorry that you have had another bad fall. I am praying for you now that you can get some relief. It is only natural that you would be sore all over even if you didn't have health issues. I pray that your soreness and pain are from the fall and that you won't go into a big flare. Take care and I hope you can see your doctor soon.

Nancy
  6. hartogold

hartogold New Member

Thanks band..you are so kind. It has taken so long and so many drugs to finally find the perfect "pain cocktail" for my pain..and now this happens. I feel like I'm falling apart or like china doll...so easily broken.
    Hugs,
    Sandy
  7. TKE

TKE New Member

I have DDD. Back went out on August 28th (Monday). When my back goes out I can't stand up straight & am in terrible pain. It usually takes a min. of 3 weeks to get me back to where I can stand up straight. Over the years it seems it gets worse with each incident. 3 days later my shoulders, especially left, was hit with major Myofascia triggers that shot constant level 10 pain down my arm to my fingers. The next day it was in my calves. Each step felt like my muscles were being ripped from my legs.

I'm going to PT 3 days a week for heat packs, ultra sound & deep massage. I'm on pain meds, anti-inflamatory med & muscle relaxer. Still dealing with it & the PT people tell me the MPS triggers were so bad they may never get them all worked out. They keep flaring up. My calves have calmed down, but I still have mild pain.

So I'd say yes trauma can put you in a major flare. Anytime the body is injured it's under stress, which can & does cause a flare.

Sorry to hear you're in so much pain :(. I sure hope you didn't crack/break a rib or anything else. Maybe moist heat packs would help to loosen the tight muscles some & lower your pain a bit until you see your doc. Rest as much as you can & let the dust bunnies go for now. Take care of you first.

Toy