HELP!! Have Cold & CFS Is Much, Much Worse!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anakinkaid, Jan 13, 2006.

1. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Hi Guys - I caught a bad cold a few days ago and now my CFS is worse than ever. (I'm new to CFS). Is this a normal pattern - one illness effecting/making the other (CFS) so much worse? Help here, PLEASE!!!! Just trying to understnand this crazzzzzzyyyyy illness before I go crazy!

Ana (in Seattle where it has rained for 24 days straight!!!!!)
    [This Message was Edited on 01/14/2006]
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I'm on my second cold in 6 months (thanks hubby). Yes, it always makes my CFS worse. I guess because my immune system is already underactive, then the cold makes it worse. I was low on killer cells, now I'm even worse!
  3. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Greetings - And thanks for the heads up. Glad to find something in this illness that seems to follow a path. Just hate the unknown about all this...like, what will today be like? Who knows. Gerrrr!!!!

Anyway, thanks from the cough drop queen in Seattle,
    Ana
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

Yes, I also had 2 in 6 months, and my CFS was VERY BAD

It took me about 3-4 weeks to recover each time

Just try to hang in there and pamper yourself

Drink plenty of liquid, rest alot, go to bed early and "this too shall pass"

Get well soon!
  5. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Thanks for the heads up (and the words of encouragement). Doing what I can now to rest, but other members of the family are coming down with the cold and NEEDY!!!!! Ouch!!!! Hangin' in and still trying to be loving....

All My Best,
    Ana
  6. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Yep, colds sure do a number on us.Just rest,drink plenty of fluids and pump up the vitamin C.Hope you get better soon.
  7. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

This is the second one my husband has given me. He's fine now, so I make him feel guilty so he'll do everything. This time I've been doing better, not bedridden 100%. I think it's because I've been doing accupuncture. And as soon as my husband got sick I started anti-virals and drinking Airborne.
  8. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

It takes much longer for us with CFS to get over illnesses that others can shake off in a week or two. It can cause a major relapse and that is what happened to me last year. I took months off from work because I kept getting one virus after another.

However, there is a way to boost your chances of avoiding viruses and letting your body overcome you CFS and put it into remission. Try the following:

Sambucol Elderberry Extract available from Vitamin Shoppe. Take a tablespoon 4X a day while in the acute phase of a cold or virus. Then, take 1 tablespoon a day in the winter months as a preventative measure.

ProBoost packets are sold here at ProHealth. I have them arrive each month and am on the discount plan as they are pretty expensive. I take one a day as a preventative measure. Taking 3 a day for several months helped me put my CFS in remission.

I tried and spent $$$ on trying several different supplements and doctors last year. I narrowed it down to just a few things that really helped me. This board has been a great resource as well.

Hope this helps.