Help-------Have my psych eval next week

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jole, Oct 19, 2006.

1. jole

jole Member

Not sleeping well tonight. My neuro sent me to get an appointment with the psych today, and I have my eval next week. I was given forms to fill out and bring back, and on the first page were questions I do NOT want to discuss -
    Did you suffer from physical or sexual abuse as a child?
    Was a family member an alcoholic?
    Did you have a happy childhood?

I don't know what to do - my stomach is in knots and all the anxiety is getting the best of me. I thought I was going just to discuss the depression from the FM. The past is in the past and I really want to keep it there, because I know I haven't dealt well with it, and at my age I don't really want to do so now. And I don't need any more nightmares.

So...... do I lie? Tell the truth? Not go? My neuro said I have to if I want to try for disability. Did any of you go through this? Please give me your best shot on advice, because I'm thinking of backing out. Thanks in advance.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2006]
  2. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

about what you are comfortable talking about. Its not they can read your mind. Dont let it make you feel this bad, if you dont feel that it is affecting you now then you dont need to put it down.

good luck and try not to worry too much some psychiatrists are actually very good.
  3. jole

jole Member

Thank you for your replies. Still not sure what I will do, but good to know I don't have to talk if I don't want to. Yes, I was surprised by the questions too.

Also, I have wondered more than once about PTSD, as has my sister, but it is so painful going back to a place I don't want to be. I do have flashbacks at times, but know that would involve more therapy than I really want to deal with.

Thank you for caring!!
  4. jole

jole Member

Anyone else have a psych eval - how was yours?