Help.....Having a bad day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by footballmom, Nov 19, 2006.

1. footballmom

footballmom New Member

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have FMS. I was DX 10 months ago so although I'm not newly diagnosed I am now only learning to accept my limatations. I think that today is the worst day that I've ever felt. I have that much pain I was considering going to the ER to see if they can do anything for me. I'm really hoping that I can last until tomorrw so that I can call my doctor. Though I'm not certain that there would be anymore that he can do for me. I already take so many pills......

Thanks for letting me vent.....
  2. app5775

app5775 New Member

Most of us have been thru what you are now going thru. FM can be very painful. On those days I try to just rest, pamper myself and take whatever pain prescription the doctor will give that seems to work for you. I also have trouble sleeping so sometimes I take Ambien which is also a prescription. Check the board over for others suggestions for supplements and ways to cope. Everything from a magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement has helped many to accupuncture. Alot is just trying to see what works for you. Take care.
  3. footballmom

footballmom New Member

I guess here is a stupid question.....how may people are able to continue to work, I wrestle with this everyday. I like my job and the people that i work with but it's becoming harder and harder to go to work everyday. I have pain when i sit, stand, walk....you name it.....when does one finally say enough is enough and how do you bring up this subject with your doctor? I'm sure that going on STD will not be a problem but what happens when the short term disability ends....
  4. app5775

app5775 New Member

I had to give up my part time job. That was almost two years ago. I do have a part time business which I still do but I'm hoping to try to find a part time job just 10-15 hours a week. I feel better some days but certainly not "well". Everyday is different some days worse than others. It would be nice to have some sort of desk job. Something to keep the mind working but not too strenuous. But that type of job is not easy to find either. I don't want to sound too negative but many of us can only do so much and you can't force yourself because the outcome may be worse symptons. Its very frustrating to say the least. As I mentioned before there are many great suggestions to check into to try to help. Some doctors are into treating Fibro. and Chronic Fatigue. Some are not. Sometimes you have to do you own research and try things for yourself. Take some time to check over the board I'm sure you'll find it helpful.
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

There really isn't much they will do for you at the ER, and if you tell them you have fibromyalgia, you are apt to sit and wait for a very long time before they even get around to seeing you. Just what I have seen happen to so many on the board and have had happen to myself personally.
    So if you can hold out until you can all your doctor, you are probably better off. Better off at home than at the ER, unless you have something life threating, then by all means go on to the ER.
    I am so sorry for your pain, it is awful, I know, I am sending soft hugs your way........
    If you need to vent, just vent away....
    Take care!
    Jesus loves you and so do I!
    Kellyann
  6. footballmom

footballmom New Member

I know that my I'm not unique when it comes to the pain of fibro, I guess it's a releif to have someone who understands and that i can talk to. As far at the desk job goes, that's what I have but sitting in front of a computer all day long doesn't seem to be working for me right now....yet I certainly couldn't do a job where i would have to stand most of the time. I'm so frustrated. Before this "disease" happened to me I was so active. I raised 4 great kids, I was always on the go, had a big garden, enjoyed exercising, went on vacations with my family....now I'm lucky to get to work during the week and maybe get the laundy finished on weekends. I don't see a solution or an end to my health problems....I don't want you to think I'm lookin gfor pity.....I just need to vent....; )