Help Hemorrhoids

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilbird, Nov 9, 2005.

1. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Oh boy, if life wern't fun enough. I soaked in a hot bath, I used prep H. Its not helping much. Does anyone one have any great treatments?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cathy
  2. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

I had a flare up 2 weeks ago... and I only had them one other time when I was pregnant.

Prep H and stool softeners.... give the prep H about a week before you give up entirely.

I was about to give up when bam the swelling dissappeared.

3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Continue as "woodstock" stated with Prep H to give it time. The baths help a lot. Also, cold helps. I've actually gone to bed with washrags filled with ice and placed in the area. Going from warm baths to ice helps to reduce swelling. However, keeping the area clean is the key.

What I've found to really help is to buy witch hazel and use tissue moistened with the witch hazel to apply to the area after using the restroom. It cleans and soothes inflamed hemorrhoids..

I've also purchased a "bidet" that I've hooked up to the water going into the toilet. I use the bidet regularly to clean the area where the hemorrhoids are. That keeps them from getting infected and flaring up.
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You might ask your doctor for a prescription for "Proctocort" Suppositories.

They have cortisone to help inflammation. I have not used them but my doctor prescribed them and said they were good.
  5. lilbird

lilbird New Member

I will look into your suggestions. I'm 30 min from the nearest drug store so I think I will try some ice tonight and make a trip to the store tomorrow.

These darn things hurt. I have never had them before. My mom said she had to have her's lanced also. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Sleep well everyone,
    Cathy
  6. lalasland

lalasland New Member

Also..I buy Aloe Vera 80 [a clear jell] from any drug store..I put some on a thin panty liner that I keep in a plastic bag in frezzer..keep the aloe in fridge..it sooths,hydrates & protects from gems..I mix it with Prep. H..Keep that in fridge 2..the cooler the better..I do this on & off during flare up..Just another day in the life of ours!!..Can u believe we r sharing this kind of info...Anything that helps I say!!..Well sit in peace..La
    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2005]
  7. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

My father swears by using a hair dryer every time you get out of the shower to them. I suppose the heat shrinks them.
  8. lilbird

lilbird New Member

This is the only place I can ask these kinds of questions and get some help. Thank you all so much.

I am feeling a bit better this morning. But I have to drive to the airport today, hour and a half each way. I have a feeling this is not going to help.

Naturebaby I am going to stop at the drug store on my way and see about the pill you suggested, sounds wonderful

I was reading the prep H box, know what the first thing is in it, live yeast. I found that to be interesting.

thanks again to my wonderful friends.

Cathy
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Have you considered surgery? I understand they now do laser surgery which is much easier.