Help Here Went to Pain Clinic, says mabye MPS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I was diagnosed with FMS 13 years ago

Finally went to a pain clinic and dr said seems more like MPS than FMS

I don't know what to think now!!!!!

Who do you believe????
  2. debhun

debhun New Member

There is no cure for it either. But there is more they can do as far as treatment goes.
    I with you the best on this Empower I would hope for FMS than MPS if it was me from what little I have read.

(((((HUGS)))))
    Deb
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Myofascial Pain Syndrome
  4. coolma

coolma New Member

FM/ME and some side effects of CFS are related. Very good book on all is by Dr. Devin Starlanyl and Mary Ellen Copeland. Your local library will probably have it called the Fibromyalgia Advocate. There are more issues, too. It describes all the symptoms, all the side effects and treatments. Knowledge is power, so the more you have the better armed you are to heal.

Good luck and good health!
  5. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi empower, i have another book by devin starlanyl and mary ellen copeland called
    "Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain" a survivor manual, second edition
    when i first started having generalized body symptoms, i got this cuz i was positive i had MPS, esp. after reading this and doing side by side comparisons.
    later, tho, i read SOOO many odd symptoms that other fibro/cfs had, that sounded EXACTLY like me, i changed my mind.
    i think they are VERY related, tho.
    haven't heard from you in a while, aren't you in west. PA?
    if you can't find this book in library, or want to meet and discuss (i think you are a pittsburgher, forgive me if i am mixing you up w/someone else)
    stuff, i'll let ya borrow it, or we could just go thru it.
    again, sorry if i mixed you up with someone else, i know waxdiva is a PGH. and haven't seen her around either.
    take care--L
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

Yes, in western Pa, haven't seen postings from Waxdiva either.