HELP Hiatal hernia..........need suggestions PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Aug 15, 2006.

1. I haven't been eating much at all, but feel miserable. I take nexium, drink gingerale. Still feel like I have stuffed myself when I am not even eating! Feel extremely bloated up to under the breast area and just miserable. Suggestions anyone?
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I have had one for years. I have had two esophageal dilations, one several years ago and one just last month.

continue taking the Nexium and talk to your doctor about this. He might up your dose to two Nexium a day or possibly suggest the dilation, which is basically where they go in and stretch your esophagus. Not as painful as it might sound.

Eating very slowly helps also.

Linda
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am sorry you are not feeling very well.

I suggest you see your physician as soon as you can there can be complications with hiatal hernia and it is always better to play it safe.

Please make sure you describe all of you symptoms to your physician as you have done here so that he/she will be able to help you.

Best of luck to you,

Karen
  4. Linda that does sound terrible, the dilation.
    I have had these symptoms before but this is the worst and longest, it may ease up a bit and then bamm back to misery, especially the worst at night and first thing in the morning .It just makes you feel miserable. I am overweight so I hate going to the drs. as I get that look like if you wouldn't eat so much, vut I don't, last time she said eat small meals, and I wasn't even eating, HONEST! wah. wah,wah!
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I'm getting an endoscopy next month because it hurts...not just the heartburn, but the hernia itself. My doc gave me aciphex, 20mg once a day and it really helps with the heartburn!

Since I had gastric bypass I might need more surgery. Yuk!

God Bless.
  6. kayebee

kayebee New Member

I also have this same problem and off and on you will probably have it. I do take nexium that helps a lot, it is kind of expensive, even with insurance. the next pet thin is previcid it is a little cheaper. I have had 3 endoscopys I also get ulsers from time to time, I have IBS and spastic colon I could go on and on but what is the use?

Oh and if you are hurting under your ribs and is goes to your back also it could be your Gallbladder. I had to have mine removed.

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

KAYEBEE
  7. Most of it is right across under the breast area and to the waist. BLOATing feeling big time. It did start with a pain in the right side above the waist. fun, fun NOT!