?????HELP high cholesterol cant take drugs HELP ?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Nov 9, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I found out that alot of my severe pain was being caused from Crestor ,and I can not take lipptor or zocor for the same reason.I am also pre diabetic .My cholesterol is 350

My cholesterol is not from my diet it's hereditary. I have CFS/FM and not able to walk a block much less exercise.I am getting more and more health problems. I think CFS/FM are warnings that my body is falling apart.

I do not know what to do diet doesnt change anything .I'm a walking heart attact or stroke.I have taken omega 3 but its not enough .

Who has had this problem and found something to change it????
  2. tinktink

tinktink New Member

I have heard two things that help are cinnamon and pomegranate juice. You might want to do a search on both of these.

Good Luck and Best Wishes Diana
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

My father had problems with Crestor as well. I took it for two years but it didn't help me much.

My Dr. switched me to TriCor (Lipidil Supra here in Canada)
    I try to walk 15 minutes a day 3-4 times per week if I can (not always ease). I also take calcium pyruvate 1000mg once a day.

My last blood test came back and all my levels were normal! My previous results were higher than yours. My triglycerides were so high that they couldn't get an accurate reading.

I know the TriCor brings the levels down quite a bit but I do think the combination of the walk and the calcium pyruvate also made the difference.

All the best,

Eileen
  4. June

June New Member

I tried three different cholesterol lowering drugs over a period of a year. I could not take any of them. They were Pravachol, Zocor, and Lipitor. They made the muscles in my legs hurt so bad that I could not sleep at night. Finally my doc put me on Zetia and I have no muscle problems at night from that.
    My cholesterol dropped from 245 to 175 and I still take it.

Hope you find something that works for you.
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

My problem is not what I eat .Its hereditary even on a NO cholesterol diet my body produses cholesterol.

Thank you all for help,keep this one going
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

My doctor had me take 500 mg. niacin (non-flush kind) twice daily and it did help. I haven't had my cholesterol tested for awhile and need to have it rechecked. It's also important to take a good B complex vitamin with the niacin.

Mary
  7. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I am just curious to know what things you have tried besides the meds and the omega 3 that you spoke of? There are too many too list that you could try but I don't know what you have already done. If you do a web search you should find lots of things that are supposed to work.

I know that you said it is hereditary and not from diet but if you do eliminate it from your diet than you won't be getting it from both your body and your diet. Everyones bodies produce cholesterol so the biggest thing we have control over is the cholesterol we put in our bodies. That in itself would bring you improvement. So I think that is your first step.

Then in addition to eliminating it from your diet there are also some specific dietary things that you can eat or take to lower the bad cholesterol and raise the good cholesterol. As I said do a web search and you will find a bunch. Some are listed in this post...I have also heard garlic helps.

Also NO Trans Fats! Have you eliminated trans fats? You have to read labels and ANYTHING that says partially hydrogenated or hydrogenated is a trans fat whether the label says no trans fats or not. Companies can label their product as having no trans fats if the product contains under a certain amount of them so you have to read labels to see if they are really in there or not.

If meds aren't going to be a solution for you I think that you need to look into dietary measures and supplements that can help with cholesterol. Looks like that is your only way. I would see a nutritionist. They would know of things that should help you.

I also agree with the person that said go vegan. That is something you probably don't want to try but what is more important...you eating certain foods or being alive. I think you would be suprised at how much it would help. I am became vegan two years ago to help with CFS and my health has improved. I didn't think I could EVER be vegan but you would be suprised what you can do when your health depends on it.

In my opinion (from things I have learned about nutrition) if you are pre diabetic AND have a cholesterol of 350 than you probably aren't eating healthy (even if you think you are).

A book you might be interested in is "Eat To Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. That is what motivated me to become vegan. Trust me if I can do it than you can do it.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Take Care,
    Pam
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

thanks Pam .I'll check out the book.

I do try to eat healthy but I have been on a low cholesteral diet for years because both parents had heart deseas.

My doctor told me that that even on the diet my body produces to much cholesteral .No matter how much I diet I'll still produce above levels of Cholesteral.
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

CoQ10 is supposed to help with that...

And is supposed to be taken along with these drugs anyway to help protect the heart. One of the drug companies, I think Merk, originally took out a patent 15 years ago to combine CoQ10 with their cholesterol drug but never marketed it, only God knows why.

Look it up on google, there is a lot of info about using CoQ10 with cholesterol drugs.

all the best,
    Victoria

10. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Carebelle,

I know diet alone won't help when it is hereditary. My dad runs 6 miles every morning and eats VERY healthy and he still has to take cholesterol meds. But his aggressive diet does help to get it down a lot from where it would be and helps the meds to get it down to a good level. In his case he needs to be doing both diet and meds so I definitely wasn't suggesting diet alone. I think you will probably have to do a combination of many different things since the meds don't work for you.

Here are a few things I found the other day for my sister. She had good over all cholesterol but they said her HDL is a little low and could be higher. So these are just about HDL but they do touch on total cholesterol and you need the good HDL in order to get rid of the bad stuff.

Hope some of this helps. The orange juice thing below sounds easy enough and the onions but I don't know if I could handle the raw onions :)

Take Care,
    Pam

HDL or Good Cholesterol Foods

Red Wine: Drinking red wine is yet another option as long as it is consumed within reason. "There are antioxidants contained in red wines such as cabernet sauvignon, Merlot, and pinot noir, that help slow down the oxidation of HDL and LDL cholesterol", according to Vincent Rifici of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. What was shown is not that the HDL was higher than those not drinking, but that the HDL contained higher levels of several types of blood fats, thus giving the positive result. There is still a lot more research required but this could prove to be a wonderful option.

Orange Juice: There was one specific study conducted at the University of Western Ontario in Canada where 25 students drank orange juice every day for four week. The results were amazing. HDL was raised an astounding 21%. The individual leading this study, Elzbieta Kurowska, stated this increase might have been caused by the flavonoid in the orange juice.

Beans: Kidney and red beans are a wonderful choice for raising HDL. These foods are low-glycemic carbohydrates that during digestion do not cause insulin spikes. Studies conducted where people ate foods rich in low-glycemic carbohydrate measure with the highest level of HDL.

Fish: Fish eaten several times a week can also be beneficial in raising HDL since it contains omega-3 fatty acids. This fish would include sardines, salmon, sea bass, herring, etc. If you do not like to eat fish, fish oil can be used as a supplement although the benefit takes much longer.

Olive Oil: Use oils higher in mono-unsaturated fats, such as olive oil or canola oil. Including 1-2 teaspoons of olive or canola oil with each meal would be sufficient.

Oat bran: Lowers cholesterol and LDL and raises HDL. In one study, two ounces of oat bran per day was associated with a 16% lowering of LDL and, after 3 months, an increase in HDL of as much as 15% (JAMA. 1991. 285. 1833-1839).

Onions: Some research suggests that half of raw onion/day may raise HDL as much as 30%.

Soy Products: A 1995 meta-analysis of 38 studies of soy confirmed that it lowers total cholesterol, LDL ("bad") cholesterol, and triglycerides, and raises HDL ("good") cholesterol.

Soluble Fiber: Add more soluble fiber to diet. Soluble fiber is found in fruits such as apples, grapes, and citrus fruits. The fiber in these foods helps lower total cholesterol and often raises HDL levels. You need to consume at least 30 grams of fiber per day.

12 Strategies to Increase Your HDL

If your HDL levels are lacking, here are some key ways to boost them.

Exercise: Aerobic exercise, the kind that raises your heart rate for an extended period of time (say 20 or 30 minutes), can increase your HDL if done regularly. Examples include jogging, biking, fast walking, aerobics, etc.

Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese can increase your LDL cholesterol levels while reducing your HDL. Losing weight can help to increase HDL.

Doughnuts, along with other foods that contain trans fats, are some of the worst foods you could eat: they lower your good cholesterol and increase the bad.

Don't eat trans fats: Trans fats are an unhealthy type of fat found in margarine, shortening, fried foods like french fries and fried chicken, doughnuts, cookies, pastries and crackers. Anything that contains hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil also contains them.

These artery-clogging fats are known to increase LDL cholesterol and decrease HDL. Avoiding foods that contain them (you have to be diligent in reading labels to do so, as many processed products contain them) can help to raise your HDL levels significantly.

Eat more monounsaturated fats: Increasing foods that contain these healthy fats -- olive oil, peanut butter, avocados, etc. -- can raise your HDL levels without harming your total cholesterol.

Eat soluble fiber: Fiber can increase your HDL cholesterol while decreasing the LDL. It's found in fruits like apples, oranges, pears, peaches, berries and grapes, seeds and nuts, oat bran, dried beans, oatmeal, barley, rye and vegetables. At least two servings a day is ideal.

Avoid too many processed carbs: Too many refined carbs from white sugar, flour, potatoes, etc. causes your blood sugar to rise. This has been linked to decreases in HDL levels.

Like onions? Half of one a day can raise your HDL by 30 percent.

Pile on the onions: Research suggests that half of a raw onion a day may raise HDL levels by as much as 30 percent.

Drinking: One or two alcoholic drinks a day may help to increase HDL levels. An ideal choice may be red wine: "There are antioxidants contained in red wines such as cabernet sauvignon, merlot and pinot noir, that help slow down the oxidation of HDL and LDL cholesterol," says Vincent Rifici of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. However, go over one or two drinks and you'll do more damage than good. Some people may experience problems with lesser amounts of alcohol as well.

Don't eliminate all fat from your diet: Just like too much fat in your diet can cause problems, too little fat in your diet can lead to a deficiency of essential fatty acids. It has also been linked to significant reductions in HDL cholesterol. For best results, eat a variety of healthy fats, like monounsaturated fats, and avoid the bad ones, like trans fats.

Quit smoking: This will result in an increase in HDL levels.

Consider taking niacin: According to the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP), niacin (vitamin B3) is an important tool to normalize cholesterol. Several studies have found that this vitamin can increase HDL by 30 percent while lowering total cholesterol by 10 percent to 25 percent.

Get lots of omega-3: This essential fatty acid, found in fish, fish oil, flaxseed and walnuts, has been found to increase HDL cholesterol.

11. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Again :)

I found some more info on the web. Not sure what some of these are so you may want to ask your doctor. It does list info about garlic which I mentioned earlier.

Natural and Herbal Supplements

The good news is that research conducted in the U.S. and other countries prove that there several effective natural herbs and supplements that may help lower LDL and raise HDL or "good" cholesterol. Although some of the studies were done only in lab settings.

Having several different avenues for lowering cholesterol is important since the causes of high cholesterol levels are wide and varied by person to person. Natural remedies such as Guggul, Pantethine, Policosanol, Curcumin, and Beta-Sitosterol are just a few supplements that are easily available at low cost compared to prescribed drugs.

Guggul

Guggul gum resin from the mukul myrrh tree was originally used to treat obesity. Today, this is used as a natural way to help lower cholesterol as well as decrease blood pressure. Guggul is also known by Gugulipid and Gum guggulu and has a botanical name of Commiphora mukul. The historical use of this treatment was for a variety of conditions to include obesity and rheumatism. In the current market, Guggul is not used primarily in extract form and its use focuses on lowering elevated cholesterol and triglycerides. The active ingredients in the product are resin, volatile oils, and gum.

Policosanol

Derived from sugar cane wax and studied in-depth over the past 10 years to include human trials published in North American and International medical journals. These tests have validated that Policosanol is safe and effective. According to some of these studies, Policosanol tend to lower LDL cholesterol, prevent oxidation of LDL cholesterol and promotes normal blood fluidity.

Pantethine

Pantethine has been shown to significantly reduce serum triglycerides, total cholesterol, and LDL-cholesterol (the so-called "bad cholesterol") levels while increasing HDL ("good cholesterol") levels in several clinical trials. Pantethine has the advantage of being an effective treatment for high cholesterol while avoiding the undesirable side effects of synthetic lipid-lowering drugs.

Curcumin

A very strong antioxidant that provides antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and cholesterol-lowering effects. In addition, it was been widely used for patients suffering from Hepatitis C. Curcumin is an extract from the spice Turmeric, which has been shown to have multiple health benefits. In addition, Dr. Mark Katz, MD with Search Alliance is currently organizing a new study, to be conducted in Los Angeles. A criterion includes people with CD4 between 50 and 400 and with a positive p24 antigen.

Garlic

In a double-blind placebo-controlled study that followed 152 individuals for 4 years, standardized garlic powder at a dosage of 900 mg daily significantly slowed the development of atherosclerosis. (Koscielny J, Klussendorf D, Latza R, et al. The antiatherosclerotic effect of Allium sativum. Atherosclerosis. 1999;144:237–249.)In another study, 432 individuals who had suffered a heart attack were given either garlic extract or no treatment over a period of 3 years. The results showed a significant reduction of second heart attacks and about a 50% reduction in death rate among those taking garlic. (Bordia A. Garlic and coronary heart disease. The effects of garlic extract therapy over three years on the reinfarction and mortality rate [translated from German]. Dtsch Apoth Ztg. 1989;129(suppl 15):16–17.)

Fish Oil (Omega-3)

Dr. Fran Hu of the Harvard School of Public Health reviewed data on 84,688 female nurses, ages 34 to 59, who were part of the Nurses' Health Study over 16 years. They found that high consumption of fish (4-5 times a week) cut the risk of dying from heart disease by 45 percent compared to women who rarely ate fish. Another study published in The New England Journal of Medicine compared 94 men who died suddenly to 181 other men. Men with the highest levels of omega-3 fatty acids had an 81 percent lower risk of dying suddenly than men with the lowest levels. According to Dr. JoAnn Manson of Boston's Brigham and Women's Hospital, “the fat in fish actually lowers cholesterol, helps prevent blood clots that form in heart attacks and lessens the chances for the irregular heart beats that cause about 250,000 sudden deaths a year.” If you don't like fish or have allergies to certain kinds of fish, supplements are very effective as shown by the study published in the American Heart Association’s journal Circulation. Participants who took one gram daily of an omega-3 fatty acid supplement reduced their risk of sudden cardiac death by 42 percent.

Beta-Sitosterol

Another natural remedy is Beta-Sitosterol, which should be taken as 300 mg twice a day. The great thing about this is that is helps to lower blood serum cholesterol and triglycerides with few diet changes and little or no exercise.

Psyllium

Psyllium is native to Iran and India. The seeds are primarily used in traditional herbal medicine, which is a common ingredient in bulk laxative products. Studies have shown that psyllium found in supplements can lower LDL cholesterol. This study showed improvement in both children and adults. This benefit is believed to come from the soluble fiber component of psyllium.

Other forms of natural herbs and supplements believed to help reduce LDL cholesterol include:

* Vitamin E and C
    * Green Tea
    * Licorice Extract
    * Aspirin (80 mg a couple of times per week)
    * Extra Virgin Oil (1 tablespoon daily)

Keep in mind that natural therapy for lowering cholesterol is not intended to replace any medication you may currently be on so before making any changes, you should first consult your physician.

Other Means of Lowering Cholesterol

One such study is being conducted by Dr. Nicolas Duverger of Gencell in France along with Dr. Caroline Desurmont of Institut Pasteur in Paris. They are conducting studies using gene therapy as a means of not only reducing high cholesterol, but also eliminating the fatty plaques associated with "hardening of the arteries."
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

If you google 'CoQ10 Crestor" the first web page has this info:

=============
    FDA Public Health Advisory
    on the Statin Drug Crestor
    (rosuvastatin)

The following information was published by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, (FDA) on March 2, 2005

Astra-Zeneca Pharmaceuticals today released a revised package insert for Crestor (rosuvastatin). The changes to the label include results from a Phase 4 pharmacokinetic study in Asian-Americans and highlight important information on the safe use of Crestor to reduce the risk for serious muscle toxicity (myopathy/rhabdomyolysis), especially at the highest approved dose of 40 mg. At this time, the FDA is also making statements about the muscle and kidney safety of Crestor based on extensive review of available information.

Background

Crestor, a member of a class of cholesterol-lowering drugs commonly referred to as “statins”, was approved in the U.S. in August 2003, based on review of an extensive clinical database involving approximately 12,000 patients. These data supported the safety and efficacy of Crestor for use in lowering serum cholesterol, but also showed that Crestor, like all statins, rarely could cause serious muscle damage (myopathy and rhabdomyolysis). In the approved labeling, the FDA identified in the WARNINGS section of the product label those patients in whom more careful monitoring was warranted when prescribed Crestor. In a section titled: “Myopathy/Rhabdomyolysis”, the label states that patients who are of advanced age (> 65 years), have hypothyroidism, and/or renal insufficiency should be considered to have a greater risk for developing myopathy while receiving a statin. Physicians are warned to prescribe Crestor with caution in these patients, particularly at higher doses, as the risk of myopathy increases with higher drug levels.

Based on these concerns, from the time of original approval, the FDA required Astra-Zeneca to make available in the U.S. a 5-mg dose that could be used in patients requiring less aggressive cholesterol-lowering or who were taking concurrent cyclosporine. The maximum recommended dose in the FDA-approved label is limited to 10 mg daily in patients with severe renal impairment or who are also taking gemfibrozil.

Description of current changes to the Crestor label In a pharmacokinetic study involving a diverse population of Asians residing in the United States, rosuvastatin drug levels were found to be elevated approximately 2-fold compared with a Caucasian control group. As a result of these findings, the “Dosage and Administration” section of the label now states that the 5 mg dose of Crestor should be considered as the start dose for Asian patients and any increase in dose should take into consideration the increased drug exposure in this patient population. Results of this pharmacokinetic study are further discussed under the “Clinical Pharmacology” and “Precautions” section of labeling.

The “Warnings” and “Dosage and Administration” sections of the label have been revised to more strongly emphasize the risks of myopathy, particularly at the highest approved dose of 40 mg. In order to minimize risks of myopathy and rhabdomyolysis (the most severe form of statin muscle injury), the revised label now explicitly states that the 5 mg dose is available as a start dose for those individuals who do not require aggressive cholesterol reductions or who have predisposing factors for myopathy. This includes patients taking cyclosporine, Asian patients, and patients with severe renal insufficiency. It also emphasizes that the 40 mg dose is not an appropriate start dose and should be reserved only for those patients who have not achieved their cholesterol goals with the 20 mg dose. This information is included in a bolded paragraph under the “Dosage and Administration” section that also reminds prescribers who switch patients from other statins to initiate therapy only with approved doses of Crestor and titrate according to the patient's individualized goal of therapy.

Healthcare professionals are reminded of the following key safety messages from the Crestor label:

• Start doses and maintenance doses of drug should be based on individual cholesterol goals and apparent risks for side-effects

• All patients should be informed that statins can cause muscle injury, which in rare, severe cases, can cause kidney damage and organ failure that are potentially life-threatening

• Patients should be told to promptly report to their healthcare provider signs or symptoms of muscle pain and weakness, malaise, fever, dark urine, nausea or vomiting

Review of Crestor muscle and kidney safety

Concerns have been raised about the possible increased muscle toxicity of Crestor compared to other statins on the market and about possible adverse effects on the kidney. The FDA has conducted an extensive review of Crestor data from pre-marketing and post-marketing clinical trials as well as adverse event reports submitted to the agency.

Muscle

Crestor, like all statins, has been associated with a low incidence of rhabdomyolysis (severe muscle damage). Data available to date from controlled trials, as well as post-marketing safety information, indicate that the risk of serious muscle damage is similar with Crestor compared to other marketed statins. As with all statins, some individuals taking Crestor will experience muscle side effects, most commonly mild aches and very rarely severe muscle damage. Like all drugs in this class, risks of muscle injury can be minimized by adhering to labeled warnings and precautions, carefully following dosing instructions, and instructing patients to be aware of and to report possible side effects to the physician. Finally, like all statins, Crestor should be prescribed at the lowest dose that achieves the goals of therapy (e.g., target LDL-C level).

Kidney

Various forms of kidney failure have been reported in patients taking Crestor, as well as with other statins. Renal failure due to other factors is known to occur at a higher rate in patients who are candidates for statin therapy (e.g., patients with diabetes, hypertension, atherosclerosis, heart failure). No consistent pattern of clinical presentation or of renal injury (i.e., pathology) is evident among the cases of renal failure reported to date that clearly indicate causation by Crestor or other statins.

Mild, transient proteinuria (or protein in the urine, usually from the tubules), with and without microscopic hematuria (minute amounts of blood in the urine), occurred with Crestor, as it has with other statins, in Crestor’s pre-approval trials. The frequency of occurrence of proteinuria appeared dose-related. In clinical trials with doses from 5 to 40 mg daily, this effect was not associated with renal impairment or renal failure (i.e., damage to the kidneys). It is recommended, nevertheless, that a dose reduction and an investigation into other potential causes be considered if a patient on Crestor develops unexplained, persistent proteinuria.

Ongoing controlled clinical trials of Crestor and other statins, epidemiologic studies of the safety and side effects of Crestor, and ongoing pharmacovigilance by FDA will continue to provide information on the balance of risks and benefits of Crestor and other members of this important class of drugs. This information will be made available and, as appropriate, applied to drug labeling in a timely fashion. (This ends the information from the FDA.)

The Following Information is from epic4health.com NOT the FDA.

Crestor (Rosuvastatin), Lipitor (atorvastatin), Zocor (simvastatin), Pravachol (pravastatin), Lescol (fluvastatin) and Mevacor (lovastatin) are in a class of cholesterol lowering drugs known as statins. Most statins appear to do a terrific job lowering cholesterol in the majority of individuals taking those products as prescribed. However, all statins can block the synthesis of Coenzyme Q10 in the body which may lead to sub-optimal CoQ10 levels which can then lead to a number of physical problems the most common being muscle aches and weakness so supplementation with Q-Gel Coenzyme Q10 is a prudent approach when undergoing "statin" therapy.

Dosage of CoQ10 depends on many different factors. I am NOT an MD so really can not advise any particular individual in this area. However, I can let you know what some of the MD's who buy from us tell their patients on a statin drug -- they suggest 60 to 100mg Q-Gel CoQ10 per day. If you are on a statin drug you may wish to discuss this issue with your local health care professional.

=============

Hope this helps along with the other info you've gotten!

all the best,
    Victoria

13. carebelle

carebelle New Member

This is some really good information thanks everyone
  14. Catseye

Catseye Member

Hi, from everything I've read about diet and cholesterol, it seems that people inherit certain things because they usually eat the same things. Your liver makes cholesterol so in a way, diet doesn't matter. But the only part of it not mattering is that it doesn't matter if you eat cholesterol. Like an egg, with about 300 mg or so but you're lucky if 3 gets by your stomach acid. Clean up your diet and watch your thyroid. If you eat alot of high fructose corn syrup, this will increase cholesterol and so will low thyroid function. Never mind blood work so much, are you getting enough iodine? Almost all cfs problems go back to the liver not functioning properly. Don't eat anything that comes in a box, no wheat and no dairy. CFS is a warning that your liver is fallling apart. Again, don't listen to your doctor saying your blood work doesn't indicate there's a problem. You have to be skeptical of doctors. They may be nice and mean well but they have only learned to prescribe drugs in school. They know nothing about nutrition and even less about supplements. All my bloodwork is always normal but when I baby my liver, I get better. No junk food and no bad fat. Don't believe anything you hear about cholesterol on television, everything on tv is designed to sell us something. Even the news is just entertainment and isn't even helpful anymore. They are selling advertising space to drug companies. Do you really think they will come on and tell us what's really good for our health so we don't need drugs anymore? They would be shooting themselves in the foot. A good rule to follow about looking up stuff for your health is to put "natural remedies" in front of everything you search for. Then you know you aren't getting medically biased stuff that wants you to believe only drugs can help. You can't blame the drug companies, they are only responding to the stockholders. They can't make money if people know that sugar is the real problem behind hardening of the arteries. And since the drug and food companies are merging, they know what's happening. It's pretty creepy what people are willing to sacrifice for profit: our health. Focus on the liver, good luck!
  15. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Carebelle,
    I was in almost the same positon as you. I had high cholesterol and I can't take medicatios for it. Mine has just come down 20 points. This is how I did it:
    Every day I eat:
    1. A handfull of walnuts, with some almonds.
    2. I use "Take Conrol" instead of butter or any other margarine.
    3. I use only Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
    4. I eat 2, Omega 3 eggs (Eggland's Best) daily.
    I , also, cannot exercise or even take a walk. I was pleasantly surprised when the results of my last blood test came through. This took several months, but it happened, and I'm really happy!

Good luck to you,
    Hugs,
    Terry

16. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I can not eat nuts I'm allergic to them.I do use olive oil and I hardly ever use margarine.I do not eat eggs.

I have been eating sweets, donuts I will stop .I shouldnt because of my surgar anyhow.I use sweetner but only on weekends with my coffee.

I do use omega3 capsults the good ones.I started taking 2 a day now.

I'm going to try to give up red meat.I did that once I can do it again.

I think the person is right about surgar I'm giving what little I use up.
  17. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

I've just started a supplement called "Cholest-Off" by Nature Made. The label says it has 900mg of Plant sterols/stanols.

I've only taken it a few times and so far I've noticed it keeps me regular as far as going to the bathroom... It might be all in my head but it seems to get the "goo" out of my bowels. Maybe that's the stuff that builds cholesterol or sticks to the arteries. I'm not sure. All I know is I haven't had any bad side effects yet.:)

Good luck,
    Krista
  18. carebelle

carebelle New Member

to clean out our liver?
  19. carebelle

carebelle New Member

20. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hi.

My mom and dad both had high Cholestrol and they started eating Dandelion in salad and also juiced it and drank the juice. It lowers both Cholestrol and blood sugar, so it's good for Diabetics.

Try it, it's bitter but you can mix it with Orange Juice or you can mix it in your salad with your lettuce.

Good luck.
    Chootik