HELP high stress meds ideas????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by imgreat, Sep 13, 2006.

1. imgreat

imgreat New Member

I saw Mikies post that he was wiped out for a week, maybe that's what's been happening to me. My stress level is off the charts. My husband refuses to pay old Dr. bills and I get only a tiny amount from s.s. I need something to shut off the stress, I can't function!! Any meds that has helped any of you? Thanks to all that take time to reply!!

2. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I have really high stress levels too, so my doctor had me to take a natural supplement, Theanine Serene. So far I think it's working well, except we bought the wrong bottle and it contains wheat, so I'm still out of whack, but hopefully that info may help you. It's a little on the expensive side though, but at least it helps me to be able to sleep and not be quite as jittery.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

l-theanine is an amino acid which helps your brain produce GABA and alpha waves. It's calming without drugging you. I buy mine from Swanson Vitamins (on-line), theirs is called Suntheanine.

If your cortisol levels are high, Seriphos (phosphorylated serine) can help reduce them, which will make you calmer. But you shouldn't take Seriphos without having your levels tested. I had a saliva test done through Clymer Healing Research in Pennsylvania (I'm in California) - we did it by phone and e-mail and regular mail.

I know these both cost money. A simple technique for calming yourself down is to just sit or lay down and place your hands on your stomach and just breathe, and that's it. Try to do it for at least 20 minutes, longer if you can, it really helps. Slow deep breathing is the best.

Mary

[ advertisement ]