Help- how do I change my profile pic?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Oct 30, 2009.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I went to 'edit' for my profile, and don't see any choice to change photo or even to download (upload?) one... there or anywhere.

What am I not seeing????

Thanks, Victoria
  2. kjade

kjade New Member

When you go into my profile, click on "about me" (right underneath the picture). At the top it says "upload or change image". Click on that and then upload your pic.

Hope that helps!
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I totally missed it, thought it would be in 'edit' page!

hopefully PHs site will cooperate eventually as right now it won't upload it... hasn't let some of my posts go thru either immediately, have had to make a couple tries with them.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I'll give PH some time before resorting to that... had to try several times over with a couple of posts. So I'm HOPING that's the real problem, is glitches on this site!

But, what program do you use? Shortcuts are always welcome!

5. victoria

victoria New Member

It's soooo confusing for me too. I'm (mostly) done with 'learning experiences'...!

6. victoria

victoria New Member

Thanks... I downloaded the program and it seems to work beautifully, except the photo STILL won't upload to this site!

LOL I'd written to tech support, they'd removed my old pic as they said sometimes there are glitches with removing old ones.

But when I opened the new EXIF pic to upload, the OLD profile pic that PH had removed returned - even tho the right file name was there and that old pic doesn't even exist on my current computer. I think it's haunting me, hehe.

I'm going to write to tech support again, tho I probably won't get a reply before Mon or Tues.

Thanks to both you and your DH for walking me thru this! I'm going to copy/save how to do this, as I likely won't remember the next time!

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2009]
  7. kjade

kjade New Member

Love the pic Victoria! You did it! Is that you? LOL!!

I had trouble too loading pics on here. For some reason, some pics would load and others would not. It didn't matter what size they were, and they were all in jpeg format. I got so frustrated with some of them that I ended up just re-sizing the one I wanted to upload in Photobucket, and it posted fine.

That is great advice Diane, from you and DH. I never knew that about pics before on the computer, (and I know ALOT since I work w/ pics and video on the pc). Thanks for those tips!
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

No and NO.... LOL.

PH must've gotten to my email asking for help and posting it there for me last night or early this AM, as I couldn't 'see' it on there last night when I last posted...

and NO that's not me, tho I WISH it were... I'm not that young or thin lolol...
    just thought it was a great makeup job strongly resembling the catrinas that are made here... they're usually clay and outrageously dressed, you can see some sculptures here for comparison to that makeup job!

sorry you'll have to copy/paste...

9. victoria

victoria New Member

I just check the profile pic and (for me) it is still the old one of the fireplace... but obviously you see the skeleton girl/catrina photo.... since you were asking if it was me. I don't think you'd be asking that about a fireplace?! LOLOL...

But this is so strange that on my own computer, I'm the one that can't see it! So now I'm wondering if everyone else can but me, or just a few... and why that would be, etc...

rattling my bones thinking about this one!

10. jole

jole Member

Yep, Victoria, it's there for me also, and very cute!!! I can't imagine the time that goes into not only making them but dressing them! Very talented people.........

Makes me wish more than ever that I were there!................Jole
  11. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

HI I have a question for your hubby regarding uploading photos to prohealth...

I just got a new laptop (vista windows) and have only been able to load one photo successfully from the laptop. However, the same photos go up no problem from my old computer (a Dell desktop, XP windows, it's like 7 years old and slower but I'm wondering if it has to do with the windows program?

The photos I've been putting on my profile come from a friend's emails and I can pull them up and save them on both computers.

Very Curious!

Thanks if he can help!

12. victoria

victoria New Member

because I have Vista... but it seems that this board should be able to handle everything after their re-doing the site?

I'm interested also in what your DH has to say, Diane!

13. victoria

victoria New Member

At least you have access to others, tho - LOL I was in true withdrawal for about 6 months as I had problems initially getting internet in the country/rural area of Mexico!

Nope, I still can't see it! Strange, eh?

14. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

I used to see a liitle box-window closing that said something about EXIF file when I used AOL...I always wondered wha that was. I'd see it briefly when shutting down the computer. I don't have AOL now and don't see it anymore.

And last year I had tons of trouble uploading certain photos and no trouble with others...maybe that was the problem. I'm trying to help Rainbow figure out how to be able to post photos-- one of these days! I love having a part in putting them up. Just put up a new one of MCL.

Whatever was going on w/ my laptop, it's okay now...the last two chick photos posted from this laptop no problem. I made a collage of several of the photos and that one won't post -- it a compatable format but file is too large. When I feel a bit better I'll redo it (on the old computer).

Diane, I sure hope you're not w/o a computer for other one was giving me problems. It's so slow getting going but I have tons of stuff loaded on it. I plan on having it cleaned out and keeping it for my girls to use. Also, a laptop is much harder for me to type/think...

Victoria, so glad you got your internet up and running...I went almost a year w/ service but it was due to my health so I was in withdrawals big time...friends checked my mail for me but it wasn't the same!

15. victoria

victoria New Member

this is getting weirder and weirder.

I just checked my profile, and it's NOT the pic I wanted... it was supposed to be a photo of a girl made up to look like a 'Caterina" skeleton doll, which I think some saw???

and now my profile pic shows a pic I have on my computer of an actual caterina sculpture...

Maybe this is what happened to the girl made up to look like one (**poof**)?? once Halloween/Noche de los Muertos passed... spooky!

SJ - yes, I was having to go to a friend's every 1-2 weeks who lived an hour away to do banking etc (I don't trust internet cafes or 'hotspots' with my netbook, secure as it supposedly is)...

& in any case, I would choose internet over TV any day of the week!

all the best,