Help how do I get rid of Thrush in my home

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

Has anyone who had thrush have a hard time getting rid of it. I had it last week and son who is 26 has it this week. He doesn't have insurance. Anyone know of a homapathic redimidy to get this out.
    I appreciate any help
    Thanks Charleen
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

You might call your Drug Store and ask the Pharmacist his opinion .There may be an over the counter med you can use.
    Hope this helps
  3. Charleen

Charleen New Member

I did call my pharmancy and was recomend tea tree oil. I sure hope it helps thrush is not a fun thing.
  4. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

Some say that apple cider vinager in a 50:50 mix with water, gargled 3/day will kill it. I don't know this first hand. Also yogurt will replenish the "good" bacteria in your digestive tract including your mouth. This is also good for vaginal yeast infections. Put plain yogurt directly onto your bottom. Sounds gross, but it works.

Cathy
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i know i watch a show about all natural remedies he always says oil of oregano you can just put it on your skin or take it orally also noni jucie pure unsweetened and olive leaf exstract. call an herb store and ask about these good luck charlene
  6. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

tea tree oil works great ! for any fungal infection. um thrush is from dirty nipples is what ive alway thought..lol my grand daughter had it once. and was treated with a antifungal med gl roll
  7. TKE

TKE New Member

It can be caused by using inhalers. Do you use any of those? If so you're supposed to rinse your mouth after you use it.

I also heard tea tree oil works.
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

OK this sounds really gross, but here it goes

You know the mono stat vaginal suppositories ( looks like eggs)
    Use them to rinse his mouth out but Do not swallow. I was told this works.
  9. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

You go to the doctor and you use Nystatin oral liquid Rx or Mycelex Troches for 2 weeks and that gets rid of it. I have never heard it spreading through a family though.

I get them a lot due to diabetes. Have had good luck since I have been on a probiotic everday.

Hugs,
    Faye
  10. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Absolutely do not use tea tree oil in your mouth. It is only for external use. I agree with the last post, a good probiotic and some type of oral solution provided by an MD. Good luck!
  11. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Charleen:

I do not want to go against popular opinion, but the only thing that helped me was the Rx Nystatin. Swish and swallow.

I went through three bottles until it was resolved. I swear by the stuff.

Hang in there. I know it is a horrible situation.

nyrofan