HELP ! How do I handle this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear All,
    Well I guess it had to happen. I got a jury duty summons. Of course I can't go, what with the brain fog caused by CFIDS and Fibro, and the pain and the depressed immune system. I can't do the same thing 2 days in a row, etc....Why, the court where I would have to go to be excused in person is over an hour away!

My problem is that I now live in the boonies and can't just call upon my Dr. to write the required letter by phoning him, I have to make an appointment, because of the "Nurse Ratchett" nurse in his office. I can't get in within the required 10 days, to mail the paper back in time.

When I lived in the Bay Area, I was on the permanent disability list. Things like this didn't bother me then like they do now. I guess It was because this is 15 years later and I'm a whole lot older. I feel so much at the mercy of this doctor, and his ignorance.

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch,
    Terry

[This Message was Edited on 02/11/2006]
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

When I was working I had my manager write my note.
    Have you called the court? Maybe they can help.
    Do you have a regular doctor that knows your condition? Maybe the receptionist can help (sometimes they are nicer than the nurses:).
    Can you fax info to your doc and have him/her fax info back to you?
    That is all I can think of. I hope you get it worked out soon.:)
    Claudia
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

for your responses.
    Georgia, My Dr. doesn't have his email published anywhere. In fact, I don't even know if he has one.

Claudia, I'm retired, and haven't worked in 13 years. I really don't know if the receptionist would give a fax to the Dr. I don't know if he has one- although I guess he must. I wonder how I would get it ? The problem is, that even if I put "confidential" on it, she wil give it to the nurse, who handles all that kind of thing. The nurse even makes out the prescription reflls (there is a big mistake every time :)).

I'll phone the court on Monday and see what can be done. Maybe they will accept my designation as permanently disabled from the county where I lived before.

Sorry I panicked. It's funny how one gets worn down after a while.

God bless,
    Terry
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i live in marin county, that is what i did and they sent me the form to give to my doctor...maybe you can request the from and then mail it off to your doctors office instead of driving all the way there...i don't know why you need to physically be present to have the doctor look over your chart...

jodie
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

for the responses. You are all so patient and helpful.
    I really apreciate it.

Upon consideration, and after calling the court and getting no response, I decided to act as if everything were going to go smoothly.

I phoned my Dr. and just asked for an exemption slip, (not even knowing if one existed) and expected things to go right. And guess what? They did. The receptionist said I could come and pick one up and it was waiting for me a couple of hours later.It was all so easy!

I really panicked at this one. How silly! I learned a big lesson, and I'm going to trust more, and have more self confidence.

You are all wonderful. Once, again you have helped me immeasureably.

God bless, and a big hug,
    Terry
  6. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

When I first read you post I considered a most interesting dilemma. So glad I was able to read about a happy ending!
  7. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i was going to say call the court,thats what my mum did.she has ms.they just said tahts fine.

im glad it worked out for you,i wouldnt do jury service i would totally muck it up.i would probably send an innocent to jail :(