Help How to Wean Off of Vicodin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

My doc wants me to reduce Vicodin down to nothing.

Any clue on how to do this. It is not really that much so he did not give me a plan and I did not ask for one, but: how would you do it?

I hope all are doing well.

nyrofan
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

How much are you taking now?

karen
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thanks guys,

I take six a day and the weaning off seems like something I can do.

Thanks for your help,

nyrofan
  4. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Titrate slowly...to help you not throw your system as much...Also, you may have some withdrawl symptoms even when you come down slow...

I had muscle weakness in my legs, flu like symptoms, you may have more sensitivity to loight, sound etc...

For me, the biggest thing is how after taking a depressant like Vicodin...I went hypo manic...more insomina, less pain, more anxiety...Clonazapam really helped with all of that, also it is an anti seisure medicine...sometimes people comming off of opiates will seisure, especially if done too quickly.

Something to think of...I've come of of opiates 4 times, the last time just a month ago...and I did it quick, but was only taking 2 a day.

Suz
  5. sept

sept New Member

Can't believe he did not give you plan.....you need to call and ask for one ASAP. This can be very dangerous to your heart, etc.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

Thank you for all of the advice. I am really hurt. I am cutting down slowly. I am also on Percocet and the doc wants to get rid of the Vico.

I just did not know what to do today. Between my sister being so awful with me and the awful leg pain (every time i go off a drug), I really do not know what to do.

I admit: I am on a high dose of everything, but i have such pain that all I want to do is sleep. I do not do it and am exhaused by the end of the day.

I see the doc in a few months. I have prescriptions for Klonopin and Vicoprofen and will fill them this week.

He is getting rid of the Vico and I will stay on Perco.

Sorry to be such a pain in the *#%( , but I am really beside myself today.

nyrofan
  7. sept

sept New Member

Percocet very addictive.