Help...I am new at all this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by YumaSmiles, Nov 5, 2006.

1. YumaSmiles

YumaSmiles New Member

Helllo....I just accidently fell onto this message board. After 2 very long years, I was diagnosed with Fibro and just last week my Oncologist (they all thought I had leukemia) said..."I think you have CFS, although I don't know if I totally belive in it yet". Wasn't quite sure how to take that. I go thru some really hard days and try hard to make it all up on my good days. It's funny, I have never been a sickly person until 2 years ago. I never went to the doctor for anything. Funny how life throws you curves. I am grateful I have a strong support group, my husband is fabulous and one of the world's best daughters (who will soon been moving). But, this is a really tough disease. I am trying to do all the research I can. So, if any knows a really good website, please let me know. I want to take in information with me when I go back to see my primary doctor. Right now the primary has me on amytriptlyline and lexapro for the fibro. Although, I don't think either one does a darn thing for me. And, I am also on Tylenol 3 for the painful days, those really don't help either. So, any info you all have to offer would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!!
    Lori
  2. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Welcome to the board.

The LIBRARY here (tab on top) has a wealth of information on CFS & FMS.

I hope your doctors can give you a more specific answer.

scapper
  3. NancyMystic

NancyMystic New Member

The top of each page of this website has a purple bar with Organizations, Doctors, etc.

I also recommend the Library tab.

Tons of information & links to more information.

You can direct your doctor to all this as well. Email him/her the link.

Have fun reading!

Nancy
  4. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

You "stumbled" on a great board. Welcome!!!

You will find great info & people here. Just keep posting and reading.

Take care & (((hugs))), hope you find some relief soon.

Theresa
    [This Message was Edited on 11/05/2006]
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Glad you stumbled upon the board here. There are lots of nice and caring people here. Just wanted to welcome you.

Kriket
  6. YumaSmiles

YumaSmiles New Member

Wow...what a warm welcome. Thank you everyone. I have spent most of the day on this site. Very informative. But most of all...so nice to know that people understand my situation. This can be a lonely thing to go thru. I usually try just to suck it up so my family and friends sometimes have no clue what I am thinking or feeling (sometimes I just can hide the "feeling" part). Not that I wish for any of you to be sick...but nice to know I have a place where I can vent and be understood.

Again...thanks for welcome.

Lori :)