Help I am scheduled for my mental and PE for disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by artistwithin, Oct 12, 2008.

1. artistwithin

artistwithin New Member

I know this has been talked about before but I have a few questions. What are these exams like and how should I be.I have good days and bad days. What is my exam in on a good day. I have FM, anxiety, depression, and panic attacks. Please any info would be so helpful. I live in Michigan
  2. 5hei1a

5hei1a New Member

I have not tried to get disability (yet) for my fibro; but, my husband had to get on it. When he went for his PE. . . the doc had him go through a range of motions and things like squatting, bending, etc. My husband could barely walk but the ss doc declared him fit to work...yea. So, don't panic about it. Just do what you can honestly do. It will all work out.

As for the mental, just be honest about that too. You will likely get turned down the first time anyway and will have to get your doctors involved in the process anyway.

Good luck. Stay calm.
    Soft hugs,
  3. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Im from Michigan too!! and just applied for SSDI on 9/18.

I feel the same as you, I have been worried also, as I have good days and bad days myself.

I applied under lyme disease, fibro, chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression,nerve damage to my neck,both hands and arms.

I cant even do lite house work anymore, let alone work.
    I have been a nervous reck over this!

If you dont mind me asking, what area of Mich. do you live in? Sandie