HELP.....I am still not getting it????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanderek, Mar 18, 2003.

1. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Ok, Last night I started my new supplements

calcium, magnesium and zinc all in one tab

and my Garlic Supplement I am taking 1000mg

I have read some posts on the herxing effect....I still don't get it lol I guess I am having a bad fibro fog day or something

ok, How long after you start the garlic does the herxing start? Is there anything I should avoid while doing this? food or meds?? I am so confused about all of this. I know that I have an over growth of yeast because I recurring yeast infections and I have that mucus looking stuff in my stool. I also have the classic white tounge and I have chronic sinus and chest congestion as well as feeling just wore out all the time. Please help me guys I don't know if I am doing the right thing or not. I want to feel better and I am willing to try anything.

Ok next question is Why is calcium and magnesium important for us that have fibro? Are our systems lacking this stuff??

Thanks again all for putting up with me I am just so confused about all of this supplement stuff. Its not cut and dry like I thought it would be it seems be, or it might just be me. but any input will be appreciated

thanks again and hugs,
    Jeanna
  2. coyote

coyote New Member

I had no herxing after starting garlic. I have been healthier this winter than many others, and attribute this to staying with vitamins and garlic.
    Supposedly, we have a magnesium deficiency. I take a Cal, Mag, plus Zinz tablet that has been helping me sleep, and reducing my morning pain 60-80%.
    A nurse told me that it is important to take Calcium and Magnesium in a certain proportion to each other, so it's good to get them in one pill. Some people think that Calcium interferes with Magnesium absorption.
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

It is a lot to take in and gets very confusing so i`ll try and keep this short as possible.

It has been found that Fibro sufferers have a Magnesium deficiency. This is needed to help maintain and build new cells.

I also take Magnesium with Calcium & Zinc at night with milk to help me sleep better. - It seems to be working.

The garlic will help to kill off any Viral/Bacteria and Yeast growth. And is safe to take with any food & meds.

Within days, the dead stuff will turn toxic (similar to poison) and your immune system then has to get rid of it.
    The Toxins will more than likely make you feel like you have flu and possibly have nasty headaches (Herx)

So go easy at first on the minimum dose for a several days and see how you feel. If not too bad only then gradually increase.

If you go mad and start full whack, you could be subjecting yourself to too much toxic poison and be incredibly unwell for a while.

If you ever feel unbearably unwell just stop for a week then continue as you think fit.

Be sure to drink as much water as possible, as this will help your body to get shot of the Toxin. You`ll find it helps clear the head and give energy too. I never believed this myself but it does work - you`ll be amazed.

Wishing you all the best that this works for you,

Love Pat.
  4. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

I finally understand lol (sorry i rode the short bus lol just kidding) Geezzz now I am not looking forward to herxing but I know its what is best for me. I am already seeing a change in my breathing. I have been coughing up stuff you could hang wallpaper with all day (gross i know) but for the first time in forever it seems I can breath!!

Thanks for explaining so I could understand too. I read alot of the posts on this but it just would not register in my brain I guess the fog has me.

Have a wonderful day all

hugs,
    Jeanna
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It all depends on how many pathogens are killed off and how rapidly the body can rid itself of them. We all have different experiences with Herxing.

BTW, Pat, excellent reply.

Love, Mikie