Help, I can no longer take this Pain. And No Longer Sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 92457, Apr 19, 2006.

1. 92457

92457 New Member

Hi everyone. This pain has taken over my live. when is comes to cooking I cant even do it, because of lower back pain and both leg pains. yes I take walks,bike rides. and when i do and kinds of streach on my leg and back. it get's even worse. restless legs at night. do anyone have any idea's Im on pain patches. and nothing seems to work. Please if anyone has anything that diffrent let me know. Thanks 92457

2. Kathryn51

Kathryn51 New Member

I too have excruciating pain most of the time. I could'nt take the pain patches so I have to use Vicodin ES. I also get the big cold bags and freeze them. I sit on them before I go to bed so it can freeze my muscles in my lower back and but. It helps. Good luck.
    Kathie in CA
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have been taking Lyrica (50mg 3x a day) for about a month now. I am about to move up to what my doc calls a maintenance dose of 75mg 3x a day. I have had great results from this med so far.

A month ago I was feeling similar. Pain all the time and no sleeping. I couldn't do anything.

Now the Lyrica has brought my pain to a manageable level. It has helped me sleep and has helped with my stomach and IBS issues as well.

Today I was able to walk 8 blocks (to and from the drugstore), then go to Walmart for some purchases, drop off some clothes at the Thrift store. There is NO WAY I could have done this without this med. It has really made a difference with me.

I am not saying it is a miracle drug because I am not "cured" but it has brought things to manageable for me. I also know it doesn't work for everyone but it's worth a try.

Also, I know it can be expensive but Pfizer offers lots of assistance programs for people who cannot afford Lyrica...they send me mine for free.

Just thought I would give you this suggestion.
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Have you had your spine checked out? It sounds like you could have a disc problem. If so, that can be treated.

My husband had pain in lower back and legs. He had surgery today and already the pain in his legs is relieved.

We always have to be careful not to automatically blame "fibro" for symptoms unless other causes have been ruled out.

5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

did help me sleep and the pain etc but it made me tired during thre day and anxious, it does not do that to a lot of people, plus it is cheap.

Love Anne C
  6. cookstove

cookstove New Member

I have been on hydrocodo for several years. But even the steady doses of it often did not help the pain at night.

I tried lyrica but was allergic to it. A sulfa like reaction, swelling, water retention and itching. Tried it three times and then gave up.

Then the doctor started me on nortriptaline and it has helped so much more. Just occasional nights that it does not help.

This weekend I read on the board about the tea, Calm, from Starbucks. I got some the other night and I am very pleased with it. It seems to work better drinking it about an hour before bedtime. That is not a problem for me as that is when I take my nurontine and hydrocodo.

Hope you find something that helps with the pain as when I can rest at night it makes a big difference in the improvment of the pain level the next day.
  7. Bunky

Bunky New Member

I had not been sleeping for years..besides the fibro have sleep apeney..and restless leg deal..terrible..take what ever the doctor orders..Lyrica..Requip...Busbar..Xanax..Vicodin..at bedtiime...right now I can not leave my mask on..for the sleeping deal...I take it off in my sleep..but, I do sleep a bit better..some times..I am not heavy or anything..as usually that is the case with sleep apeney...hope you get relief..
  8. 92457

92457 New Member

hello dragon 06, it looks like you have your stuff together. my doctor would not give me anything to try. would you mind helping me out a little bit more. what are the side effects of this medicne?, it sounds like you love to cook. me I can't it seems the pain is worse, sometimes i can't even think (just the pain and loss of engery) I need to find another doc, I feel lost when it comes to cooking, husband has to come to my rescue alot. whats wrong with me. I would just cry, because of the pain, my feet legs lower back hurts so bad. would your mind helping me what you know.
    A Fibro friend 92457, or you could email me at [email address removed as per rules]