Help I can't take the pain any more

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UnicornK, Aug 20, 2006.

1. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I think I'm going to beg my doc for Kadian, or some other narcotic.

I've been taking Baclofen and Klonazepam, plus Tylenol all day (too much, but it's not working at all). I go to PT twice a week..all it does it hurt. I'm doing everything my doc says to do, but nothing helps the pain.

Someone please help me! I can't take it any more!

God Bless.
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I hope that your doctor is one of the good ones who is willing to treat pain with narcoitc meds. Some are really against it and some really embrace it but they are hard to find.

I have a good doctor who is wiling to help me with my pain and he does believe in usuing narcoitc's more than the over the counter stuff as there are more problems with over dose;'s with tyelonyl and the other over the counter meds , perment damage can be done with a over dose of tyeloynl.

I am on strong pain meds and I didn't start out on the MSContin that I am on now , I started out on Lortabs' 7.5 and went up from there to drugs that don't contain any tyeolynl .

IF your pain gets too bad you could try a emregancy room and see if they will help you.

But untill you can see your doctor try a hot bath with the Epsom sallts adn hydrogen perxoide in it and it will really help to ease your pain and help you to rest as well. It is 3 cups of the epsom salts and then 3 bottles of the hydrogen perxiode and then add it to a hot bath and soak for 20 minutes. IF you get dizzy when you take a HOT bath besure to have some one there to help you out of the tub if needed.

I HOpe that you can get the pain meds you need and want.
    HUGS,
    Rosemarie
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

4. kriket

kriket New Member

I hope that the doctor will prescribe something for you, so that it will ease your pain. When we are hurting so bad, it is worth anyhting for a break from pain every once in a while. I sure hope you will be feeling better soon and get some relief.

Kriket
  5. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

I tried the O24 wipes a while back on my lower back and outer thigh and it helped more than any pain med's have. THey are natural herbs and oil, it comes in a spray as well, but I have only found it in the wipes at CVS. Hope you can find them and hope they provide some releif.
  6. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Have you tried tramadol? Drs usually don't have a problem prescribing it and it seems to have the strength of a weak opiate. Something to consider. It can take the edge off of the pain and maybe make it more bearable.

It would be a better alternative to the tylenol, as too much tylenol can really hurt your liver.

Also, I found that PT made me worse! So, that may be part of your problem too. Some people it helps, and some it makes them worse.

Maybe you can find a Dr. who is more knowledgeable in treating FMS and is willing to let you try different things until you can find the right combo for you. My Dr. actually wrote me all kinds of prescriptions for different things, until I found what worked for me.

Here is a gentle (((HUG))) for you as I know what it is like to not be able to relieve that awful pain!

Take care, Sally

7. srollins

srollins New Member

the bath or soak with the epsom salts and peroxide was going to be my contribution here as well, at least it might give you some relief for a few hours,

hope you feel better,
    shirl
  8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Could you tell us more about the pain if possible? Is it muscles, joint, headaches or just everything?

It would help us be able to give you suggestions that help us until you can see a doctor that will help.

I understand the "I can't take it anymore". It is not a good place to be...very scary.

Please get off the Tylenol now. It is very bad for your liver if you are taking a lot of it. Try some of the other OTC pain relievers until you can get an appointment. The "lowly" aspirin and Advil can help sometimes.

My friend who can't take narcotics because of an addiction was told that 3 Advil and 1 Tylenol would give you the same effect as a narcotic. It is worth a try until you can get some help.

9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sounds terrible. I hope you can find something to help.