HELP ! I don't know how I'm going to get through it !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by summer, Sep 5, 2002.

1. summer

summer New Member

Hiya I need a bit of advice!

I'm currently very un well with my cfs and have very bad tummy and have got a party to go to tonight !

I'm not well at all and blooming well dreading it. A lot of you will say, say you can't go. BUT I can't really get out of this one. So it's a case of I've gotta go and some how gotta get through it !

I would rather be tucked up in bed a sleep. in silence. BUT instead i'm gonna be in a room with about 200 people, flashing lights, disco, people chatting, laughing, music, well i'm sure you have been to a party before

So please help me any advice or tips...on how to get through tonight.

Kate
    XxXx
  2. summer

summer New Member

Hiya I need a bit of advice!

I'm currently very un well with my cfs and have very bad tummy and have got a party to go to tonight !

I'm not well at all and blooming well dreading it. A lot of you will say, say you can't go. BUT I can't really get out of this one. So it's a case of I've gotta go and some how gotta get through it !

I would rather be tucked up in bed a sleep. in silence. BUT instead i'm gonna be in a room with about 200 people, flashing lights, disco, people chatting, laughing, music, well i'm sure you have been to a party before

So please help me any advice or tips...on how to get through tonight.

Kate
    XxXx
  3. contessa

contessa New Member

Just make certain that you have a way to get home when you need to. If you're traveling with friends, and can't depend on one of them to get you home have a back-up transportation plan. I hate social events but once in a while I surprise myself and have a good time. But don't fake enjoyment if you're unwell. If your friends haven't yet accepted that you can't handle this stuff I'd choose today to make it known. IF you go, enjoy if you can: otherwise leave when you want to. You are in charge of your life. Good luck.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Try to rest as much as possible before the event, stay calm, just the stress of knowing you have to go, can cause you to feel worst.

Be sure you can leave early if you feel bad, stay away from food that you are not used to eating too.

Find a confortable place to sit, and stay there! Like someone else told you, make sure you have someone to take you home as soon as you want to leave.

Good luck, and I do hope you feel well enough to enjoy yourself!

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Forgive me, but days that I am beyond hardly getting out of bed I do not feel, will not allow myself, to feel pressured to "go". I went through that w/church after maybe missing 3 Sundays in six years (I was choir director); I asked my friend RoseTX when I would know when I no long just couldn't pull it together and go and she replied "you will know". That is all the answer I got and I thought about it for a time; then the day came and I knew, KNEW, I could not go any longer until I had regained some wellness.

Just think about the total picture. I inferred from one respondant that you were fighting agorrophobia, which I did develope after many years of battling IBS.....often once you are in the vehicle and out that door, you feel "new" and know it will be okay. Its when you can't get out the door because you are physically ill you know you cannot go to a social engagement. Most will understand either way you approach it and the suggestion of a near-friend accompning you would also be of comfort. Love Lil'
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

take your time getting beautiful, make an appearnace, and if you still feel unwell, make your apologies and go home to bed. I make few commitments these days and absolutely NONE in advance and I always preface an acceptance with, "I reserve the right to bow out if I need to with no pressure, ok?"
    I wouldn't recommend a late night, in any case; I end up paying dearly for days!!
    Hoping you have a large time!!!
    Kady