Help I feel like I can't get through this day......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Barbie56, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Barbie56

Barbie56 New Member

I had a ok day the last couple of days. Today I woke up with nausia, feel like I had not slept in a week. Walking was so hard.. Just feel like I'm dying... I just want to cry when I get this bad. I'm not in pain, just so very tired and dizzy type of feeling. Sometimes I feel like I just am crawling out of my skin.. Does anyone else out there with CFS feel like you just get disconnected from your body and mind. I know it sounds crazy , but the depression is just so bad. It upsets me when I feel like this. I try to tell my family , but I don't think they really understand.I do on occasion have a good day, and I just wish I do be normal everyday. I'm also overweight, and don't feel very good about myself. I went on Jenny Craig diet for a month and only lost 4 pounds and I was very nervous. I can't get myself to curves to exercise because I'm afraid I will get dizzy and fall down. So I sit more than I should and feel worst . I feel like I only existing in this world with no meaning. God !! I am feeling so sorry for myself and I should be ashamed. So much suffering in this world and I'm complaining... Oh Well, just had to get this off my chest. Barb
  2. janieb

janieb New Member

I have fibro as well as CFS and a few other things. Some days are pretty good (not like the old days) and some are pretty bad. Certainly no expert with good advice for you because I'm pretty new to this board, but from my experience, there are better days ahead.

Yesterday I started my day early at the Fitness Center (I hate excercise), and followed through with a doctor's appointment and grocery shopping, ending at 5 p.m. when the groceries got put away.

Woke up this morning feeling like a truck had run over me. Napped all afternoon, and now just feel tired.

We all have days like yours and just venting helps.

May your days steadily improve.

Blessings,

Janie
  3. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Barbie -
    I have been there and I think we all have. It is hard to imagine while you are there that things will be better - but they will. Really.
    And have you tried walking? Great exercise and you can control it, completely - how far, how fast, faster on the way, slower back.
    Hang in there - better days on the way
    Mags
  4. Barbie56

Barbie56 New Member

Thanks so very much for your kind words. It made me look at myself closer and you are right. My life has alot of fun things and I need to just get through those bad days and know that it will pass and the sun will shine again. Barb
  5. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I just turned 57 last week.I read your profile,may I say welcome.

You will find a lot of help and support here.

I read about you making jewery.Have you seen the silverware decorated with wire and stones?The one's I saw were from Africa.A gemstone is wrapped with wire,copper or other, and gluded to the handle. Then the wire is wrapped around the handle and ends up with a gemstone.

All of us get down at some time or another, no shame, just rest. Anything that is not eternal is subject to change.
  6. Barbie56

Barbie56 New Member

Thanks for the words of support. I hope this day is better for me. No I never saw the silverware that you talk of, but it sounds like something I would like to make.. Barb
  7. greatgran

greatgran Member

Barbie,

Your post sounds like I could have written it..I can so relate to everyword you said..

I too, am not in pain just that AWFUL FEELING I call it, oh I do have some aches but that is nothing compared to the tired, dizzy type feeling..and the anxiety/depression..

I have been this way for over 5 years and do have some good days but the "awful feeling" always finds me..

SO, true about the family not understanding, I gave up on that one..Also the weight, have that too..When I try to diet and exercies it seems to make me "nervous" as you put it so I do try to eat healthy when I feel like fixing something healthy..One day I can the next , I say what the heck..

Sorry, this is not a very positve post for you but wanted to let you know I am in the same boat..Yes, there is a lot of suffering in the world but we are suffering too...

I posted once on what happened to happiness and that is how I feel..I do have so much to be thankful for and I am but the CFS has away of making you forget..

I don't think you are feeling sorry for yourself, you are sick and feeling bad..Yes, I know the fear of trying to do anything and getting dizzy, heck, I am afraid to go to walmart or shopping and that happening..

Wanted to let you know I understand,
    greatgran
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

That's one thing that so upsetting with this illness; we never know when it will blindside us. We can ASSUME that if we overdo or allow ourselves to be very stressed we'll flare but sometimes it hits us out of the blue.

Yes! I know what you mean and all I can tell you is to rest, rest, rest, eat "right" and have faith. A better day will come.

Marta
  9. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

It sounds like your body is telling you that you need some MAJOR rest, and you need it NOW. I have days like that, where I'm feeling so sick that I don't know how I'll make it through the day. Today is definitely one of those days for me. I made the mistake of going out with a friend last night. We went to a bar and then went dancing. I got home a little before 2:00am, and I'm feeling just awful. That, and lately I'm extremely sensitive to alcohol. Any time I drink I get EXTREMELY drowsy and feel like if I don't lay down and close my eyes at that second, I will fall over.

I have CFS as well, so I can definitely relate to what you are saying. If possible, allow yourself to get some rest so that you can heal. One thing I'm slowly learning is to listen to my body's cues. If I start feeling sick, feverish, fatigued, weak, etc, then I take a day or two to rest. Usually I'm able to function again after that. It's just a matter of knowing and accepting your limits.

Don't feel bad about complaining, please. You need to vent and get this off your chest, or it will eat away at you. You are not crazy or lazy or anything else except sick. You have an illness that is very complicated, and I'm sure if you could choose to live without it, you would do it in a heartbeat. Take care of yourself and allow yourself to recover.

Gentle healing hugs,
    Kim
  10. Barbie56

Barbie56 New Member

Hi GreatGran,

I'm glad to hear someone feels like me. I remember now you writting once about your weird head things.... How are your days now ? It seems when the sun is out and it's a perfect day , not too hot , but just nice, I feel alittle
    better. It has been raining here for days and It just makes me feel ugh!!!!. Barb
  11. Barbie56

Barbie56 New Member

WoW Kim, I wish I could go dancing until 2:00 am. I would
    die... Of course I am not a very young person . But I do
    remember those days when I did do that and before I got this CFS.... Thanks for all the support....Barb