HELP I feel so sick today...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I admit I overdid it yesterday. But, really I thought I was being very conservative.
    I went to see the ballet last night, which kept me away from home till 11pm and not going to bed at my usual 9:30pm. (I think it was midnight before I really fell asleep.) I also usually don't drink alcohol, but had a half a glass of merlot.
    I am suffering today. I have a killer headache that won't go away and now I'm starting to feel nauseous, too. (I hope I'm not getting my daughter's sickness! I was immunized against the flu this season.)
    Anyone have any good headache remedies other than tylenol (can't take ibuprofin). Any good foods to eat? I feel like Hell and I'm home alone with my already sick 10 year old daughter and my very busy and loud 5 year old son.

Aaaack!
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I can relate.

If your headached could be caused by allergens, scents, etc. maybe benadryl would help? I have mutiple chemical sensitivity and it seems when I go out I come back with a headache.

Also I have heard, but never tried, peeling a banana and putting the skin on your forehead. Inside of peel against forehead tied on with a bandana. You could do your own banana trial and see if it actually works! LOL

Hope you are already feeling better.

Take care,
    Susan07
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

FYI - Tylenol is not ibuprophen. I take Tylenol and it is very safe if you don't take more than 4 per day. It does not upset the stomach at all.

Tylenol is acetomenophen (spelled wrong)... I also cannot take ibuprophen, it kills my stomach.

The best remedy is two Alka Seltzer. You will be fine right away.
  5. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

Thanks, everyone. A cold pack on my forehead and a banana did the trick. THANK GOD! I was miserable! No more wine for me.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

ayhatch:

I used to have some beers at night. I admitted it here to the group and got very good feedback. I did what they said and also contacted my doctor.

No problems in that department now. Doc just increased my meds.

Can you work with a doctor on what to do?

nyrofan
  7. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I would like a smal glass of red wine once in ablue moon, but I don't need it. So, I'm not going to adjust meds just so I can ahve a wine once in a rare while. Thanks, though.