help I got the blahs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sixtyslady, Nov 27, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I just can"t get in the holiday mood I got the blahs.just don"t want to do anything.
    anybody got some suggestions,christmas music used to help but now I just think about all the people that are going in my family'and it makes me cry,but then everything makes me cry. sixtyslady
  2. abcanada

abcanada New Member

For the last week or so I have been the most excited about life I have in a very long time. I've been very sick for almost 2 years now and have struggled with every holiday & birthday to date. I have 4 small kids so have no choice but to make nice things happen for them. I'm not sure why, but I feel better about the upcoming holidays. Maybe go hang out at the mall for a few hours. That's bound to get you in the Xmas spirit. I have to say the shopping is what I hate the most!!! By the way it's -29 here in Calgary today with snow so that was bound to get me in the mood. It gives me an excuse for staying in!!! Take Care, Laura
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

lindy, the picture on your profile made me feel better,and your right,I could put some good ole rock & roll music on and that would make me feel good.
    and Pickles, I just colored my hair last week,but just blonde .
    and I tell ya cicky I don"t think I'd look real great in a jump suit.but it might be fun.
    and we haven"t had in snow yet but the weather is suppose get colder this week_end.
    thanks everyone you maka my daya.

4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

wow" what cute kids,so glad you feel better this season
    your little ones are great.enjoy them Hon,they don"t stay little for long. sixtyslady
  5. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Especially "It's a wonderful life." For years I would not watch this show, it seemed to be on every channel at Christmas time.

Now, I watch it all year round and always cry when the bell rings for Clarence getting his wings. It justs makes me realize how important I am in someone else's life, even if I don't think so or need reminding.

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    [This Message was Edited on 11/28/2006]
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I know what you mean. This time of year is hard for many reason, for many people. I found that I do better when I let go of old expectations and look at each day as a new start. (I'm also taking 5-HTP which has helped the depression a lot. ;>)

Here's a hug,

7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I manage to get a few decorations out this morning,and hubby brought up the tree.
    so maybe tomorrow I"ll get it done.
    I also have a grapevine tree that I decorate all western,& with horses.
    because we raise horses.I have a big window in the kitchen and I put it there.
    I also have a santa collection and alot of santa that well go by the western tree.
    then I have a collection of snowmen that well go by the big tree in the livimg room.
    I have tons of other stuff but not going to get it out.

its thundering here and 60 out my poor lab is trying to crawl on my lap,she only weighs 87pds she so scared of storms. well guys I'm trying to chase the blahs.

8. mellaart1011

mellaart1011 New Member

I always feel better if I do something thoughtful for someone I care about or even less fortunate people, it makes anyone feel good to look after others

hope you feel better soon
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

I know how you feel. I have been down in the dumps lately too thinking about the same thing. I am trying really hard to just get things decorated and have just forced myself to get in the car and drive to go shopping only to collapse when I walk in the door for about 2 hours. Maybe things will get better for us soon. HUGS!!!! I know you need them!!!!!!!!

10. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

today was hard I didn"t sleep well last night,I was in so much pain and just could"t get comfortable.but did manage to get the tree decorated.
    guess I"ll do alittle more the time I get done xmas will be over. hugs sixtyslady