HELP! I Had Trigger Point Therapy today, OWEEEE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Jul 20, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Oh well today I went to the pain clinic at the hospital I go to and they did my back and oh my gosh ouch ouch ouch, and I know that the events of the day and all of my other appointments and driving aggravated where the needles were.

I always scream so much in the clinic as I know that they are going to torture me touching my tenderpoints LOL.

I am going to stretch and take a warm bath. I was trying to finish my paper for school tonight and turn it in but I can't do it, my back and body hurts so much from all of my appointments and everything.

Any tips? By the way I can't do the Epsom Salt and Peroxide bath as that causes itching on my skin. I guess a warm bath I will take.

Please someone tell me that I will feel better later with this therapy?
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2006]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

or use some sea salt....throw some olive oil on your skin afterwards...extra virgin that is..

i have done this therapy..it is so temporary....and i could be in there everyday...feeling like a voodoo doll...

left bruised in the injection areas...try kolonopin..

jodie
  3. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Darn no sea salt over here, and Olive Oil I do have but afraid if I would go downstairs to get it I might not make up so thank you for the idea for the future.

I will make sure to have that ready to go next time. I ended up having a hot shower and hitting on the areas it hurt that helped reduce some of the pain. However I feel like the t-shirt

Thank you so much!
  4. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Yes I had the trigger point therapy with needles, no massaging at that place (they are that cheap) and they would not do any on my neck.

Anyway I did my stretching and all, and I take some sleep meds but my body has not been sleepy yet. I used a massager for my neck. This was my first time in trying this out. I am not sure if they were very experienced though as they were student doctors LOL. You take whatever you can get.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2006]
  5. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

but not with the use of needles, it is deep tissue massage performed by a trained person. I get them weekly and they make a huge difference in my well being. I don't have medical insurance so I can take them off my taxes as they are prescribed by my Doc.

TxSongBird