Help-I have an eye twitch that won't stop!!!! It finally quit!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Feb 3, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

OMG!!! My right eye, right underneath it has been twitching for about 3-4 days now. I usually get twitches, but not any that last so long. It goes away for a few min. then starts jumping again. Is there anything that I might can do to make it stop? Please tell me. It is driving me crazy!!!!

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 02/03/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/06/2007]
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

Bumpity bump

Twitchity twitch!!!

Any suggestions?

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 02/03/2007]
  3. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I have the same problem from time to time... Even the temples of my head do that sometimes.... Wish I had a solution..... Take care!
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

hoping that would help. I took it about an hour or so ago, but it is still twitching. I called the eye doc. one time and asked them what could be making it twitch and they said extreme stress would do it. I just had a massage a couple of days ago, so i guess that did not de-stress me enough!! LOL

Just wish I could make it stop.

Kriket
  5. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Yes; I told my eye doctor the same thing and he said it was just nerves and it wasn't any big deal..... but maybe not for him but for the people who it's aggravating it can be..... Maybe that was what Elvis had except he had it n the hips....Ok. it's getting late here...About 2am...So nighty night..........................
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

You are so funny. Yea, it's 1:10am here and I have worked all day and am pooped out for the day. Maybe the twitching will go away over night as I sleep and stay gone.

Good Night!!

Kriket
  7. Calleigh

Calleigh New Member

My left eyelid twitched several times a minute continuously from September to December last year. Three whole months with absolutely no let-up - I thought I would go insane! I grew so used to it that one day I suddenly realized that it had stopped.

I had been extremely stressed for a long time when it started, and it decided to take a hike when some of my worries and problems eased up.

I did a lot of searching online and, unfortunately, all I discovered was that it's usually due to stress, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Hang in there!
  8. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

You might want to try a few things:

1) No coffee or anything that has caffeine
    2) A little magnesium 400 to 800 mg
    3) Absolutely no Calcium supplements and no multivitamin/minerals that contain Calcium. Calcium only enhances the muscles desire to contract. Mangesium, relaxes the muscles.
    4) A few herbs that can be helpful, Skullcap, Motherwort and Black Cohosh. I would try the Skullcap first, it's good on the nerves. Black Cohosh is relaxing but also helps with pain. Motherwort is relaxing and has a calming and toning effect on the heart.
  9. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Eyelid twitching - well how strange - mine has flared badly today too after not having it for ages - it seems to flare when I am stressed or tired.

I have just had a viral infection, quite a nasty one, so maybe that is why it is so bad today.

Just rest your eyes as much as possible and it should ease up with time.

Love Bunchy x
  10. hope4today

hope4today New Member

I get this from time to time. A cold draught in the winter can trigger it no matter how relaxed you are.

I explore my head on the side of twitch. Often I can find a trigger point that feels tender and sore. I gently apply pressure to it and then release. Mine is often parallel to the top of my ear and about 2-3 behind it. There is a depression there that I work on. I sometimes also get problems with my vision and working that spot relieves it. It doesn't work instantly but does let it relax.

Hope
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

As of today, my eye is still twitching.People are noticing it and one person jokingly said "Are you winking at me?" OMG I have to get this under control. LOL

Guess it is stress. I am under a huge amount of it right now.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 02/04/2007]
  12. beverly20024

beverly20024 New Member

Hi kriket. I had an eye twitch for a month last year and it drove me crazy! I read online that it's a lack of a B vitamin (and stress).

I now take a daily B100. The twitch disappeared two days after starting the B vitamin.

Don't know if this will help you, but it did me.

Take care,

Bev
  13. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I get in it in my right eye only from time to time.

Not sure what causes it, but it comes and goes.

I also get muscle twitches in other parts of my body, particularly just before a flare.

Sue in Ontario
  14. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

Vitamin B. I had the same problem and took a B-Complex vitamin for awhile and it went away.

Bet2
  15. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I had an eye twitch for about a week last year and it drove me crazy! I did a search on the net for a solution and then tried a warm washcloth and it went away!

Try that see what happens.
  16. kriket

kriket New Member

My eye finally stopped twitching today. YEA!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of the advice, next time I will know what to do.

Kriket