HELP...I HAVE TO FIND NEW DOCTOR

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilchisler, Mar 2, 2006.

1. lilchisler

lilchisler New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I have been without insurance for so long that having to change doctors has not been an issue until now. I have had the same family doctor for over 20 years.
    I am now, due to insurance, ging to have to change.
    I actually think this is a good thing, but I do not know how to go about finding one that first, believes and knows about Fibromyalgia, CFS, Lupus,etc.

Is there a place that I can check out Fibro doctors and see if any our on my PPO list?

Has anyone ever called a doctor to ask about his practice?
    This is very new to me. I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks so much.
    "lilchisler"
  2. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Check out this link. http://www.co-cure.org/USA_NY.htm

I found a possibility here. Maybe it will help you.

Good luck to you!
    Shananegans
  3. jesfms

jesfms New Member

check with your local arthritis foundation...they may have a list or there may be a support group who can provide you with some good drs. in your area. good luck.
  4. Suzan

Suzan New Member

We are moving from WI to KY..and of course a new doctor is something I have to find in the first 30 days just to keep my pain meds going. She told me to find doctors in the area, and ask them to send a profile. This should tell you what sort of patients they deal with..and their ideas about how to treat people with those illnesses.
    I think I am going to give it a try.
  5. lilchisler

lilchisler New Member

Thanks to you all who responded so quickly. These are all helpful tools that I did not even thin about.
    This will give me a great place to start.

Once again, the members here have proven that they are a well of information.

Great job, and thanks again,
    "lilchisler"