Help!!!! I have to go to a SSDI Mental & Medical exam......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by buttercakes, Nov 25, 2008.

1. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Im so nervous, my dates scheduled are 12/1 and 12/6. My listed disabilities are Lyme disease, FM,
    CFS, Radiculopathy c-6 & c-7,DDD, anxiety, depression, migraines. Can anyone please tell me what to expect? Please give me some advice on what to say and what not to say, right now I'm clueless. Any advice would be so helpful. I'm so worried, because I look normal. Thanks, Sandie

2. jmq

jmq New Member

I am having a rough night so I cant type it over but I posted about my last SS psychologist visit. please have a look, it was this week and its called SS doct appt...or something like that.

Hang in there,
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

hensue and you have disc problems i dont or lyme that i know of so check it out it wasnt bad i just answered questions and was honest so i probably shot myself in the foot
  4. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Thanks for the replys, I'll read both of your posts. sandie
  5. landra

landra New Member

It is actually best that you do not know exactly what the exams will consist of - then you might "Look too good." 8^) Try to NOT be at your best, don't rest up, etc. Don't dress up either.

We often gloss over the things we cannot do - wanting to cope, wanting to not be a bother, etc. This is a time to tell the doctor what you have given up, what you cannot do any more, etc. Don't overdo it, just include that information whenever there are relevant questions.

There is probably information on the Social Security thread at the top of the page too.

Remember, these are the only tests in your life that you WANT to flunk!!