help!!! I need a good PCP in New Jersey!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fullarmor, Aug 28, 2003.

1. fullarmor

fullarmor New Member

I'm so upset. I just got a letter from my Primary Care Physician and he's cancelling his contract with our health insurance in November! (the hospitals he has privileges at are no longer participating) I've been going to him for about 8 years, and he has been wonderful about the fibro. He totally agrees with the natural healing route I'm trying to take. He even did research on things I should be taking/doing and gave me a list. Never once has he said "it's in your head" or not taken a symptom seriously. How on earth am i going to find another doctor like that?? Ugh, i'm almost in tears just thinking about it. Does anyone have a good doctor in New Jersey? Thanks in advance.
    Nay
  2. Lau

Lau New Member

I had the same thing happen to me last year. Would be great to have a PCP that also treated the FMS. Right now I have a PCP that gives me referals to a rhemy.

I also live in NJ and would love know of docs in this area. I live in NW NJ (Warren Co.) and there is not much to choose from here. Also driving any distance is a problem for me, as it is for many of us. Usually have to go to Morris County.

Good Luck in your search-
    Laurie
  3. fullarmor

fullarmor New Member

Hi Dave. I'm right near you, in Piscataway!! I have Aetna HMO at this time. I appreciate any info you can give me! Thanks!!