Help; I need good recipes for healthy Eating...:)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suexi, Dec 19, 2006.

1. suexi

suexi New Member

Hi everybody...Could anyone please give me some good ways of cooking vegetables so i can wake up in the morning and not dread eating veges for breakfast.lol I need to get on a really strict diet of beans and veges.. So if anyone could tell me what beans to buy and how to cook THEM also; I sure would appreciate it. It all sounds so yuk to me. I just have to kick this sugar,& hi carb diet I have been splurging with the last 4 months.. *SIGHS* I feel so guilty....Got to get back on track.. :(
    thank you
    susan
    xxxx
    [This Message was Edited on 12/19/2006]
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

The more veggies you mix together, the better the taste. What I eat everyday:

onions, garlic, peppers (red, yellow, orange, green), potato, carrots, any greens like kale or mustard, broccoli and cauliflower, chop them up small and steam or boil together. The more different ones you can get in every bite, the better the taste. Also, boil them in chicken broth for really good taste, chicken broth without msg, of course.

garbanzo beans (chickpeas) are very healthy. soak overnight (always throw away soaking water), then saute an onion and some garlic, add water, chickpeas, potato chopped up and curry and boil until like stew and chickpeas are tender. this is really wonderful, I eat it everyday with brown rice.

any beans or veggies that don't taste great can be forced to taste good just by adding chicken or beef or vegetable broth when cooking, and always onions and garlic, of course.

I've been eating veggies for breakfast for 2 years now, I can't get up until I have my veggies. After the first 2 weeks, you'll stop making faces when you eat them. Your body will begin to reap the benefits and will thank you by making them a little less horrible tasting! And use good salt from the health food store, not regular Morton's.

bon appetite!

karen
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2006]