help I need ideas for Menopause weekend Celebration

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Jun 4, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have enjoyed this board so much I was getting homesick for my childhood friends. So I decided to try and find them on the computer.It worked!

I have not seen a couple of them in 34 years. Anyhow I contacted them .To tell them how much they have met to me, in my life and that I love them. And wanted to invite them here.

I also am planning a 4day weekend that they can all come visit"women Only".And I think they are all going to make it. I am soooooo excited.

There is about 7 of us. We grew up together went to high school together and Sang in our Church Choir.

Our life's all went different ways ,after school and well like a lot of people everyone was living their own life and just not been able to see each other. Some have live in different states like me.

I think they will be as excited as I am. I know that two of them also have CFS/FM .So we will probably keep the weekend so there is no stress.
    light activities.

lots of talking and tea's .Looking at old pictures and stuff. I just decided, I may not be able to do much, but ya know ,I'm still alive. And before any of us are unable to do this, I'm giving it my best.

I really at times have felt like I was going to die.I almost did. Coming back after my mental breakdown is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.God gave me another chance.

Like the saying goes "Don't give me flowers when I die ,give them to me when I'm alive.

I am going to try and make this a weekend one they will hold in their hearts forever.

I think I'm making up little gift baskets for each of them. I found these really cute little tea pots, that set on the cup to keep it warm .They are about 10 dollars. So I plan to get flavored teas and put them , to take home.

If any of you have other ideas let me know. Like always and everyone else ,I have to watch my money ,so think of stuff I could maybe make.

This DD's has kept me down for so long .I'm fighting back!I am going to have a wonderful ,sentimental weekend with my closes friends. Not little girls ,anymore but Women.

Kind of a coming of Age Celebration into Our new" menopause"stage of life's LOL

2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I love that idea Albums How cute Thank you!
    You know I could also make some copys of old pictures I have of them all on our computer to put in it to start.
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I love that idea Albums How cute Thank you!
    You know I could also make some copys of old pictures I have of them all on our computer to put in it to start.

My real initials are ALB, UMS, UMS can stand for u my Sisters!LOL
  4. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

old favorite tunes and then burn some copies , that might would be clever . How about adding some of the OLD candies we used to eat that Hobby Lobby sells and that
    are nostalgic? Like necco wafers , brown cow , etc.. ?

Another gag idea : award a doorprize and go to Salvation army or Goodwill and buy some old funny granny panties - maybe some with the days of the week on them . Or an old
    garter belt that used to be a necessary before panty hose . Some goofy old lady lingerie could get a few laughs .

How about finding a copy of the old book " The Fascinating Woman " which girls in my college read . It advocated wearing lots of ruffles and pinafores and not letting your beau think you are as intelligent as he is . I saw a copy recently and howled w/ laughter .

[ advertisement ]