HELP! I NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO START AND WHAT MIGHT HELP.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovabuga, Aug 4, 2003.

1. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

HI,I JUST RAN ACROSS THIS SITE.I HAVE HAD FIBROMYALGIA FOR MANY YEARS DUT JUST RECENTLY IT WAS GIVEN A NAME.WELL A NAME ONLY BUT NOBODY WANTS TO TREAT THIS DISEASE.I LIVE IN SOUTH DENNIS,MASSACHUSETTS.IF YOU KNOW ANY DR, CLOSE BY PLEASE LETME KNOW. ALSO MY HUSBAND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE HE FITS AND WHAT HE SHOULD DO TO HELP.
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Great !!! (not that u r ill )That You Found HERE!!There is a caregiver board ,hubby could check that out,just click message boards on top,it'll take you to several boards.If you have any particular current health concern,you can do a search of previous Post.You'll find we all have simular *problems*,yet many different things work for different people. I take it in and applies what looks like will fit.Being at Pro Healths site,you have a great start. Welcome again,eZ
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. Glad you found us. Yes, I was diagnosed with Fibrositis, then I think, late 80's they changed the name to Fibromyalgia, as they found we did not have inflammation in the muscles.

We do have a 'Doctor Referral' link at the top of this page, the doctors are listed by states, or you can call the 'FM Network' at; 1-800-853-2929 for a doctor referral.

Hopefully one of the members here live in your area and can share their doctor with you.

As for your husband, being supportive and understanding is the biggest thing he can do for you. I am also fortunate to have a husband that does believe that I am ill, and does all that he can to help me and make life more confortable for me too.

I know its not easy living with us, we are so undependable with these illnesses, the pain, and flares hit when you least expect them.

Very glad you found our little world here, and do hope you find a doctor soon.

Take care,

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2003]
  4. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Like Shirl said, look at the Doctor Referrals section. You might also want to post a new message "looking for Dr in MASS" or something.