Help, I over did it and I'm HURTING (plus other questions)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mari101, Jan 12, 2003.

1. mari101

mari101 New Member

Hi all. I've posted a few times and lurked a lot. I was dx with chronic fatigue syndrome about 11 or so months ago. I was dx with fibro 2-3 months ago. Then I was dx with high blood pressure 1 month ago. I've also had IBS since I was a pre-teen. I'm on B-12 shots, 225 mg of Effexor, Xanax as needed for anxiety, Ambien for sleep, and a med for my blood pressure. Oh, and birth control for my policystic ovarian disease that I was dx with 5 months ago (don't need it for birth control since dh had the big "snip" done in April). It seems like I have been dx with so much within the past year, and I can't do anything about any of it. I'm becoming very discusted and hopless. On to my main reason why I came today to post.

I'm a girl scout leader (and SAHM of three ages 8, 6, and 22 months) and have been very busy this past week. First I made all of the troops girl scout vests and was on the run for patches, cloth, etc all week. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it WAS! And then, starting Friday, we started selling cookies, so I've been getting in and out of the van with the girls and walking distances, and today I woke up feeling like crud. I can't get my head together, my thoughts are not clear, and I hurt sooooo badly. My legs/feet/back/head/arms/fingers/shoulders. I swear it's all over. I sort of feel like I've got the flu. What can I do????

Also, any advice for this dd would be great. I feel like I can do nothing. My dh seems to ignore that I have anything wrong. My house is suffering cause I'm either hurting or to tired to think, or my mind isn't working right. He acts like I'm pretending that anything is wrong. :( I don't know what to do. I've tried to talk to him about it, but he just nods his head and says he understands but then dishes out attitude about the house or stuff. He won't help around here, and doesn't do much with the kids. Him working should be enough I guess.

Help.
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

First of all, this time of year, there is always the possibility that you really DO have the flu. It is flu season. If you don't, you could always try a nice, hot bath with some epsom salts. That should get rid of some of the aches and pains. You probably just overdid it. We all do on occasion. Will your husband read any fibro literature if you get it? There is a good pamphlet you can get free from this site. They will mail you up to 99 at a time. Possibly if he understands what is wrong he will be a little more supportive. Of course, there is also the possibility that he will just be a hard-headed jerk, in which case you will need to take more drastic measures. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Kathryn
  3. mari101

mari101 New Member

orded and recieved the thing from this site. I had him read it, and I've had him read different articles that I've found online. He still doesn't seem to want to accept it.
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

take the day, and rest, and treat yourself to some soothing, relaxing activities.
    Learning to pace oneself is a challenge we all face. Sometimes we have to draw lines in the sand.
    We have to learn to delegate chores that were once our responsibility, and easy to accomplish.
    We even have to use the dreaded word, "NO", sometimes.
    Prioritizing what is truly important and shelving those things which are not.
    Being a mom, and multi tasking is difficult enough, then throw in good dose of CFS and Fibro--it becomes the ultimate challenge.
    I don't believe anyone truly understands chronic fatigue and pain, until they themselves have experienced it.
    I suggest in your calmest voice, when your husband is dishing out the attitude, responding with. "I can no longer "fill in the blank", as this detrimentally affects my health, and I want to stay as healthy as I can for my family and myself. Then if you are exhausted, lay down, take deep breaths and rest. Stressing so profoundly affects us---it is so worth avoiding. Even if he never gets it, you do, and must protect yourself from these stresses. You have your hands full with just keeping up with the day to day task of raising 3 young children. Enlist their help---sometimes as moms we want to do everything. Kids really do want to help out--sure the counter top might not end up spotless, or the carpet may have some missed places from the vacumning---
    Kids gain a sense of self worth by being able to help out --they love feeling needed. If the house isn't spotless, it is not that important--your kids will remember those things that made it a "home", when they are grown.
    Best wishes---and give yourself some R&R time.
    LL