help,I sleep too much!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mikkiel, Sep 3, 2003.

1. mikkiel

mikkiel New Member

i have been recently diagnosed with fm. My medical history also includes endometriosis(7 yrs) and depression(10 yrs). My huge concern now is that I sleep 12 hrs a nite! And I want more! I know I sleep horribly-don't get that level 4 sleep. I tried different meds but I'm so sensitive that I get dizzy spells and get sick. I'm on prozac and tried welbutrin but made me sick. I feel like I'm falling apart! Any ideas or fellow sufferers?
  2. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I'm sorry to hear of your poor health. I was finally diagnosed with fm this year, & although I still struggle with tiredness, 10mg. of Nortriptyline (Pamelor) several hrs. prior to bed has helped. For the 1st week on it, I felt drugged, but after I adjusted, it wasn't that bad. I also take Mobic for pain & CoQ-10 for energy. I'm still not 100%, but I have improved.
    I've gotten good advice from this board, so I'm glad you're here. Hang in there, and best wishes!
  3. reva727

reva727 New Member

I too, sleep too much. I could easily sleep twelve or more hours a day but I try to keep in down to nine or ten. Antidepressants did't help much with this problem. I'm no longer taking them. Two oxycotin at bedtime has helped some. If I don't get enough sleep at night, I'm sleepy all day. I am most times anyway. The doctor prescribed Ritilin to help but it doesn't help enough. Provigil will help some, but my insurance won't pay for it. To help get the deep sleep, I take 5-htp and sometimes an herbal sleep aid. If anyone else has any solutions, I'd like to hear it also.