Help! Ideas for Herxing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paulwin, Nov 7, 2005.

1. paulwin

paulwin New Member

Hello,

I was started on treatment for mycoplasmas last week. The herxing is really a bear. I am trying all my strategies and still feel heavy fatigue and am looking for ideas from others.

Currently, I am drinking lots of spring water, doing lemon juice and olive oil for the liver, doing colon cleansing, lots of deep breathing, salt baths, chlorophyll and various greens, disolved 02 (which helps probably the best and works like aerobic excercising when you cant excercise, and vitamin C. And I still feel very tired,sore, etc.

I have had cfs/fm for 14 years and have heard that the longer you have had it the harder the herx for myco plasma is. I know that this a step towards healing but this is intense.

Thanks for listening.

Paul
  2. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Wow,
    you mentioned all my ideas to help you. My Dr told me to try to use an infrared sauna. I haven't but I have seen where people think they are great, you can also try quecertins( not sure of the spelling)

Try a search for herx, people have given some great advice on this board. Hopefully someone will post soon with some other ideas.

Sorry you are in pain,
    Dani
  3. paulwin

paulwin New Member

Dani
    Thanks for the support and info. I have tried quercitin but not in years. Take care, Paul
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If the Herxing gets too bad, you can cut back on the ABX. Call your doc if this happens. It's rare, but possible, to go into a toxic-shock-like state if too many toxins are released by dead pathogens in a short period of time.

ABX like Doxycycline do not directly kill the pathogens; they change the outer coating of the body's cells to keep the mycoplasmas from being able to enter them. This causes the mycoplasmas to starve to death in the bloodstream. Mycoplasmas are only in the bloodstream when they have killed off their host cells and are searching for new cells to invade.

If one has been infected a very long time, there may be mycoplasmas in the bloodstream often. As the drugs kill off the pathogens, the Herxing becomes less severe and occurs less often. The beginning is the worst.

If one has had a chronic infection for a long time, the odds are good that one also has hypercoagulation and this should be checked. Chronic infection causes overgrowth of fibrin in the blood where pathogens can hide out from the immune system. If you go to the HEMEX Lab website, you can learn more about the tests and treatment with Heparin. Heparin causes more Herxing as the pathogens are exposed to the bloodstream. Heparin and ABX are often used together with a lower dose of ABX. If you are being seen at an FFC, they will test for the hypercoagulation.

There are usually two parts to Herxing. First, one becomes very tired and feels fluish with aches and pains and swollen lymph nodes. Eventually, the body produces profuse sweating, diarrhea from hell, and even nausea to excrete the toxic dead beasties. The initial immune reaction can last for weeks before enough pathogens are killed to produce the Herx with the sweating and diarrhea. It is different for all of us.

I was on Doxy for 2 1/2 years before my mycoplasma infection was under control. In addition to the Doxy, I used an electronic zapper which I bought at the Hulda Clark website. Zappers really do work and are predicated on solid science. I have Herxed just from using my zapper. They are battery operated gizmos which use low frequency, low voltage current to kill pathogens in the bloodstream.

Hope this helps. I really don't have any advice for mitigating Herxing.

Love, Mikie
  5. paulwin

paulwin New Member

thanks mikie,

The information you gave was very helpful. I also want to say as a newbie i have spent time reading old posts and have found your input to level headed and well thought out. I appreciate the effort that you put into the posts. Thanks Paul
  6. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Wow, what a great reply!! I'm glad you posted this. I have read this on an earlier post of yours and never even thought of it!!

Can we say FIBROFOG?

Dani
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think that going through the initial Herxing is scary and unsettling as well as physically difficult. If someone who has been there can give some idea of what to expect, hopefully, it will take some of the anxiety out of the whole experience.

People hear about Herxing but until one has experienced it, it's hard to imagine. I grew to appreciate Herxing because I knew that every time I Herxed, my body was ridding itself of horrible pathogens which had been using my body to reproduce and making me very ill.

Best of luck to all who are seeking healing from the infections which infect most of us.

Love, Mikie
  8. Frecker777

Frecker777 New Member

What is the test the FFC uses for hypercoagulation?
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't know what tests the FFC's run. I do know they test for hypercoagulation. You may have to do a separate post with this specific question to get an answer.

Love, Mikie