help!!im a nervous wreck after just seeing about kezza_nottm :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 18yearoldinpain, Jun 3, 2003.

1. 18yearoldinpain

18yearoldinpain New Member

i am soo scared i was reading her posts from be4 she died (which i really feel bad for her like alot) and omg like everything she said is me dead on except one thing the chest pain when breathing....but i get the brain fog...panic attacks at night...chest pain...shortness of breath.....ive had pains behind my left knee for abotu 6 months i always have that feeling like i have a cold cuz im always spitting up thick brown phlegm ive been going in and out of hospitals all the time and last time they did a chest x ray and they pointed to a lil dot and said it was a calcium deposit and that it was nothing. then why do i feel this way and i am going to the doctor today because its getitng worse and worse and i almsot feel high all the time and i do have this fear of death but hes prob jsut gonna say im making it all up my whole family thinks it im really scared am i destined to die?!!?
    and this pulmonary embolism stuff has been freaking me out for 2 years ever since i saw a show on montel about a girl my age have anxiety problems for years and then one day being found dead of an embolism and ive been out of school for almost 2 years havent done much plus i had surgery 11 months ago plus conviently all my problems started 5 years ago after a plane trip to florida i do take vitamin e and all that stuff but these symptoms just scare me too much even with doctors assuring me that theres no problems yet they find "minor" issues... i odnt trust them anymore i dont know what to do cuz everyone thinks im just looking for attention which is scaring me more cuz its like boy who cried wolf :( and my dad always told me you cant know your gonna hve something like cuz i alwyas brought up PE he acted liek it was impossible for me to ever get one but this woman KNEW something was wrong and it happend!!

some1 please help me
    [This Message was Edited on 06/04/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/04/2003]
  2. Dayle

Dayle New Member

DO YOU HAVE FIBRO???? THE SYMPTOMS YOU DESCRIBE ARE OFTEN TYPICAL. DO NOT BE ALARMED AT THE FEAR IT IS OFTEN CAUSED BY HYPOGLYCEMIA. THEY CAN NOT TEST YOU FOR THIS AT THE HOSPITAL. BUT YOU CAN TEST YOUR SELF.
    PLEASE GET THE BOOK What your Doctor May Not tell you about Fibromyalgia. Or check Guaidoc on the web. I can not give you the full address but you will find it.
    Stay with this site for many tips & bits of advise. But remember to take all complaints with a (pinch of salt) in other words Dear don't believe every thing you read. Remember, we are ill & we are not Doctors. But you will find many here who have been helped & want to help others.
    I have found GUAIFENESIN to be a life line. You can buy it here at the store, but you need to follow a certain protocol. So, please educate your self. You are young & are so fortunate to have all this info so you can help your self because most Docs just don't know what to do for FIBRO.
    Blessings ,,,Day
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That you have a chronic productive cough bringing up dark phlegm. This is not normal. The fact that a spot showed up on your chest x-ray is not normal either. Get another opinion. If it's any comfort, this does not sound like a blood clot, although I'm not a doc. Pain in the leg could be a blood clot and should be checked out and not assumed to be FMS. Do not rub this sore spot. Inactivity, which is a hallmark of our illnesses, can be a factor in developing blood clots.

Sweetie, do not dwell on the loss of one of our members, as sad and horrible as it was. Use your anxiety and grief to motivate you to get to the bottom of your problems. Never, ever let docs brush your concerns aside. Find a new doc and get your concerns addressed.

Love, Mikie