Help, i'm afraid i need to ask for more prayers -update at end of replies,

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by toni.m, May 24, 2002.

1. toni.m

toni.m New Member

my father in law is still in the hospital, they are just starting his tests in the last few days, as he was not well enough to do some of the procedures necessary .the Drs. are saying they are almost positive it is cancer, they may remove one of his kidneys, and are checking his lungs and liver also.
    but also, my mother in law has been in the hospital since tuesday, it started w/ shortness of breath, and has gotten worse, tonight they moved her to intensive care as she need a breathing tube and a machine to help her breathe.

i am trying to be strong, my husband is just barely keeping it togather, both of his parents being in the hospital, and both situations loking so bad right now.
    i haven't told my son any of the details, i'm not sure of how much to tell him. he saw his Nana tues. evening and she was looking much better then she was a home that same morning, i really did not think it would take a turn like this.

and now my father in law has picked up an infection in the hospital, he is qurentined[sp]- we can she him but you must put on a mask,..? before you go in the room. i have just learned this tonight also.

i am just at a loss at what to say to my husband, i feel so overwhelmed by all of this myself, i am not sure how to help him get through this.

would anyone have any sugetions, i can't just tell him everything is going to be fine, i don't want to have him give up all hope , but still right now things are not looking good at all.

sorry , i am just rambling now, it just seems like a terrible flashback from when my mom was so ill and passed away, and i don't want to feel that way at all.

please know that i keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers, even when i am not able to get on the board.

take care, toni
    [This Message was Edited on 05/24/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2002]
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Toni, I am really sorry all of this is happening with your father-in-law and mother-in-law both.
    I know this is hard on you and your husband.
    Keep looking to God for strength and keep trusting. He will be there for you.

My sincere prayers are with all! Let us know how they are.

Much love,
    Harmony
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so sorry things are so bad for your family right now. What tremendous trials you are going through.

Will keep all your family in prayer, have just prayed for you, and will continue to do so.

God's blessing on all of you.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. toni.m

toni.m New Member

i just don't know what i would do w/o your kind words and support.
    i will write more when i am able, i am crying too much now to say more than Thank you, and i continue to pray for everyone of my freinds here.
    toni
  5. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Dearest Toni, I understand. Prayers are being lifted up for you, your husband and family. I ran across this poem a while back and now I know why I saved it; it was for you, my friend.

I cannot ease your aching heart, Nor take your
    pain away, But let me stay and take your hand And walk with you today!

I'll listen when you need to talk; I'll wipe away
    your tears I'll share your worries when they come; I'll help you face your fears.

I'm here and I will stand by you, Each hill you
    have to climb, So take my hand, let's face the world; Live one day at a time!

You're not alone, for I'm still here. I'll go
    that extra mile, And when your grief is easier, I'll help you learn to smile!

*Author Unknown

Please accept my hand, Toni. We will pray together and ask our Father to take your family in His arms and ease your pain and fear. Lord, please give Toni and her family strength and grace, for they are suffering at this time. Help them to heal and shine Your light upon them. Take their troubles and illness and bear that burden for them. Touch them with Your mighty hands and give them peace.In Your Son's name, we pray. Amen
  6. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Sometimes we think of our own dd and think we have it bad and there are the cases like your inlaws that make our cases a piece of cake. You will be in my thoughts and if there is is away of sending you our warm sun and aloha it's on it's way. May God bless you and keep you all together. Ellie
  7. Georgia2

Georgia2 New Member

Toni.m, I will be praying for you. I can only repeat what one said. Keep looking to our Lord and He will see you through. Since I only have one brother alive, and am not married, I don't have a lot of wisdom on how to handle telling someone to hang in there. All I can say is God is in control We have to trust Him when nothing we can say or do seems to help. Keep in His Word and keep Praising Him that you have these people to support you. I love this site. It is my first time in. My problems seem so small now. I am trying to graduate from Bible College next month at 62 years young! Love and prayers Georgia
  8. toni.m

toni.m New Member

for you support, and prayers, and thoughtfull poems. it has meant so much to me to be able to turn to my freind on here during this difficult time.
    there is not much news, my father in law is still too weak to do the kidney boipsy, and we are at a standstill untill this can be done, we will not know that type of cancer it is, or of they will remove the kidney, or how far it had spread untill then. the waiting is agginizing, but i do understand that he must be stronger before they take the next step[ it is mainly his heart and lungs which are not strong enough right now].

my mother in law is still on the respirator, but they are thnking of slowly cutting down on her level of sedation, and than they will see if her lungs are able to do more of her breathing on their own, [ less dependant on the machine].appartly this must be done very slowely, as she was very aggitated over the weekend and they increased the level of the respirator and sedated her more deeply, as she was fighting it too much, and she just doesn't have any strength.
    i think i will print out this thread o lovely replies, to carry with me, to read when i am at the hospital and it is oh so hard not to breakdown and just lose it right then and there.
    you all are truly the kindest freinds i have ever had, and i do hold all of you in a specail place in my heart.
    i can only hope that i am able to return the love and support that everyone here has given so selflessly.

thank you all again, and i continue to keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers daily.

take care, toni