Help....I'm new here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by br5845, May 10, 2006.

1. br5845

br5845 New Member

Hello,
    I'm new to this message board and I'm looking for help. Was diagnosed w/hyperthyroid a year ago and underwent radioactive iodine treatment. I have had vague pain and headaches for several years and thought I was just getting older, but since my thyroid is now fine and supposedly so am I.....I feel terrible. My pain has increased along w/headaches, unable to sleep more than a few hours at a time, no energy.....the pain is awful some days especially when it's cold or going to rain and it's not my joints, it's my neck, back, hips elbows. My husband is afraid to hug me because he's afraid he will hurt me. Anyone experience anything like this?
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Hello,
    Welcome to the board! Yes, we all have our assortment of aches, pain etc. You have come to a good place for info and a place to vent. You might try the search, type in hyperthyroid, if anyone has posted under that title you may find some info. Welome..
  3. tlayne

tlayne Member

You came to the right place. I am fairly new here also. On this board you will find a wealth of information, support, and acceptance.

I am sorry to tell you, but it sure sounds like you have the dreaded fibro. Nobody seems to know what causes it & there is no one cure or treatment.

Have you shared your symptoms with your Dr.? Maybe your thyroid is still not within normal limits? I would say that he should begin by treating your headaches & give you something to help you sleep. Melatonin is a natural supplement that does help me to get some sleep. I am really hoping that once you get caught up on sleep that your pain & headaches will go away.

On this site search newbies & I am thinking other posts will come up that will guide you on this board.

Good luck to you. Tam
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

to the board glad you found us here. You will find a lot of support here. Look forward to getting to know you. I think we all experience the same symptoms that you have from time to time. They stink. Hope you are feeling better real soon.

Kriket