Help, In excruciating Aches Pain.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurtingbad, Nov 23, 2006.

1. hurtingbad

hurtingbad New Member

Happy THanksgiving,
    I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia,which I have had for years, just never did anything about it. It is getting worse tho. I miss alot of work, and spend time in bed. i cannot move at times, it is so painful with such a weak feeling.I was in the hospital recently. I was swelling up. My legs and feet. the Heart is fine. All kinds of bloodwork.
    I take meds, Nuerotin,Vicodin (back and nerve problems)
    Depakote,Requip,Trazadone, but i am still in PAIN.
    What can i do/? I cannot take this anymore. My legs are the worse. Any advice Please.
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad you found us but I'm sorry you are hurting so much. This board is a wonderful source of information and support. You will find many ideas that have helped others but it does take a while to find what is best for you.

Medications are important but not the only answer. There are diet changes like avoiding sugar and wheat and anything processed. There are supplements like magnesium that have helped but there are many more. You might check out the Guai protocol as well.

Take some time to read old posts. You can search at the top left of this page. There is also a library here. The main thing is 'Don't give up'!! There is hope and I'm sure you will find it.

Take Care
    Kathy
  3. forfink

forfink New Member

We are all trying to learn how to feel better so after a little bit of time reading so much wealth of information you will feel very welcome and comfortable here.

Please look up questions you have in the 'search', there are some very smart, loving people, all around you. Hugs :)
  4. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Glad you found us. And a pleasure to meet you.

Definitely read prickles post she has some good stuff. I know it helped me.

If you ever have a question post the topic, someone will always try to answer your question. A lot of us like doing research on topics. It is helpful to you and others alike.

Read up on what some of the others are on by reviewing posts and do some searches in the library here. All are very helpful and may be able to answer your questions on what alot are taking for pain.

You take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

One non-narcotic that helps me is Ultram along with Tylenol. They also call Ultram Tramadol. I also use Aspercream and it really helps.

If your pain is not controlled you need to try something stronger. At one time I went on MS Contin for about 9 months. Trust me, the pain was gone..... At the time, I had become almost housebound from the pain.

By taking the MS Contin, it gave me a chance to get the upper hand on the pain. I was able to become active again, and my muscles because much stronger.

You can always ask your doctor if you can try it. I would have stayed on it or gone on Methadone but I had too many side effects. I transitioned to a drug to get off the MS Contin called Subutex, then stayed on it because if also treats pain.