HELP IN KERN COUNTY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elaineberg, Oct 21, 2003.

1. elaineberg

elaineberg New Member

I havent been on the board lately but would like to share my wonderful news and hope that it will help someone else. I looked high and low when I lived on the San Mateo penninsula near San Francisco for a pain management clinic or a doctor that would treat my pain effectively. I had no luck. I was told that there were doctors at a pain management clinic in Bakersfield California that was not only caring and understanding of those with chronic pain but actually will treat it! I came here to visit family and received a referral to THE ADVANCED PAIN MANAGEMENT CLINIC ( a referral from your regular physician is required). I had my first appointment for assesment today and wow........I am painfree for the first time in years. They diagnosed the severe myofacial pain, injected my trigger points with a lidocaine mixture after they first froze the area so the injection would not be painful, and in 5 minutes I was pain free. I left the office with prescriptions for Norco (hydrocodone with less tylenol added) and a muscle relaxer. I have another appointment in two weeks for a lidocaine IV drip that should relieve any and all other pain.......The doctors and nurses were caring, kind, sympathetic to my pain and most of all understanding and not afraid to treat. I hope there are others that can find help here or somewhere that offers the same.
  2. pearls

pearls New Member

I live near the next large city up highway 99, and have found a doctor there who takes good care of me, too. I wasn't diagnosed right away, but was started on fibromyalgia drugs (those recognized as often helpful)right away since the doctor who referred me had observed me for some time and they had mutual respect for one another.

However, the goal with my pain management was not to become pain free, but to make it manageable, and it has done that most of the time. With new types of exercise, though (Pilates), some trigger points were activated and I've had to work through those using the techniques shown by Clair Davies in his wonderful book, "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook."

I'm not sure you can be pain free all the time when you have fibromyalgia. All sorts of things can trigger new pain and flares. You might want to take that question up with your doctors so you won't be devastated when it happens.

Love,
    Pearl
  3. smartideagirl

smartideagirl New Member

Hey there, just found the site tonight and I live in Bako and have had a heck of a time finding a decent doc who will acknowledge Fibro let alone treat it. Does the The Advance Pain Managment Clinic still exist? IF so, how can i get in touch I have been able to find them on the web or phone book? Any suggestions? Your post was so uplifting, and hopeful.
    Thanks so much
    Renee
  4. julieboo

julieboo New Member

Hi Elaineberg
    I also have the same questions as smartideagirl.
    Hey smartideagirl, If you dont mind me asking...What doctor do you see in Bakersfield......Always good to talk to fellow Bakersfield people...

Julie
  5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Renee and Julie,

I live in Porterville, less than an hour north, and would be very interested in anything that you find out.

Please post on this thread if you do learn anything, and I will do the same.

Thanks! Jeannette
  6. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I did googling as the possibility of something so near to help all of us with FMS/CFS in the South Central Valley is intriguing. I'm not sure if the info online is really current, so we'll have to call to check it out. Here is what I found:

http://www.paininstituteca.com/

Advanced Spine Care & Pain Management
    9300 Stockdale Hwy Ste #100
    Bakersfield, CA 93311
    661-665-7880

Rajiv Parti, MD
    Diplomat American Board of Interventional Pain Medicine
    Diplomat American Board of Anesthesiology

ADVANCED PAIN MEDICINE
    Anesthesiology

Address:6001C TRUXTUN AVE # 380, BAKERSFIELD, CA, 93309.
    Phone: (661)861-9542, Fax:(661)861-9548

Fibromyalgia Network,
    5700 Stockdale Highway, Suite 100,
    Bakersfield, CA 93309
    661-631-1950

From the California Society of Antesthesiologists website:

Joseph Ipe
    11107 Hilaise Blaise Dr.
    Bakersfield, CA 93311 Phone: (661)664-1593
    Fax: (661)654-0946
    Email: josephip@hotmail.com
    Chronic/acute pain, backpain, cancer pain, Workers' comp