HELP - info on adrenal extracts needed please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jfrustrated, Nov 17, 2005.

1. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I saw a post the other day that was talking about taking adrenal extracts for adrenal fatigue - now, of course, that my head is able to understand the information - I cannot find it.

I have cfs and low thyroid and poor adrenal function. My doc. has me on D3, T3 and hydrocortisone. I am aware of the side effects and would like to try something else, especially at the end of the six months trial. Just treating the thyroid, in the past, did not help at all apparently because the adrenals were so low.

Have been on the med. for 3 months so far, and I cannot tell any difference. Had blood test done yesterday, which might bring some joy.

How long does it take to tell if thyroid and adrenal med. is working???????
    Can anyone give me any info. on the adrenal extracts they are taking and where I can get more info. on them??????

Thanks a lot.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I've taken three different brands, all helped. I got them all from chiropractors. They are Drenatrophin PMG by Standard Process (many people on this board have taken this), Adrenogen, and Cytozyme AD by biotics.

I think pjsmonster gave you good advice. I did the 24-hour saliva test with Clymer Healing Research Center, which showed I had high cortisol levels, and they helped with that. And she's right in that the adrenal glandulars have no nasty side effects, are much safer than the hydrocortisone.

You can find Clymer Healing Research on the web, do a google search. They're in Pennsylvania. I'm in California, and we did everything by phone, e-mail and regular mail. Their phone is (800) 300-5168. Also, my neighbor who has FM did their test, she had low cortisol, and they're helping her with that.

Mary
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I think it was my post you saw recently, just click on my username and look for a title about adrenals.

I'm pretty groggy, so I'll come back if you have more questions. I'm very pleasantly surprised it helps.

Jeanne
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    I take raw adrenals that I just get at my health food store. They have probably helped me more than anything for fatigue. I can't say I have no fatigue, just a whole lot less than ever before.

K.
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

That's a loose average. I'm very quick to know, w/in a few days usually. Even for people that are slow to show improvement, its rarely over a mth.

If your meds aren't working in 3 mths, you've given them more than a fair shake. They just aren't working, and aren't going to. Definitely not worth the risks.

I'm glad so many people have been helped by various adrenal supplements in here. Makes it a bit more confusing for you though. I tried a cheap raw adrenal supp. once and it did nothing for me. I've also been perscribed Cortef, and I wouldn't take it when i knew it was a steroid. I didn't care if it made me feel better in the short term.

Jeanne

6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

You could try licorice for a naturalk remedy. I get it from Gaia.com Good Luck! Lynn PS getting adequate sleep also helps! FAt chance huh?