Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quanked, Nov 20, 2008.

1. quanked

quanked Member

My daughter will be having an abdominal hysterectomy next Wednesday. Anyone have any suggestions for supplements for healing? Any guidance will be appreciated.
  2. daylight

daylight New Member

I had a TSO hyst 8 yrs ago. Humm vitamins....... I don't know of any special ones . I took centrum and after the surgery I walked as much as possible. Oh course with my handy pillow.
    There is a web site called Hystersisters you might check out .
    They were very helpful to me. Just help her to take it easy for the next 6 months. No lifting for three months .
    She has a very caring mother .
    I'm guessing that she also has FM or CFS so keep things calm as possible . Hopefully she won't have a flare. She 'll be ok.
    She's got a good family to look after her.

3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Im 7 months out from a total vaginal Hysterectomy,And i am still very sick with a bad flare. Had a 5 hour surgery, and had some problems with some pain meds they were giving me. i think that and just being under for that long did me in.Do your homework on the anesthesia they will be using on her, as there is some we cant tolerate. i think if you look up Anesthesia to avoid in the search box, you can pull up the post. i gave it to my Anesthetist, and she was really caring & talked to me in detail about what she would use. and if she is having any kind of trouble, make those darn nurses keep an eye on her. i had horrible care post op, i think thats another reason i got so sick. I'll keep her in my Prayers,
    the things i took after was b 12, coq10,grapeseed, and something called rescue remedy from Bach.Also fish oil. i thinked they helped a little with my energy level.
    HOpe this helps a little. Kat
  4. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Quanked!

You may not believe this... I'm not sure I understand it fully either.

I had my hysterectomy in Jan of 08. I worked from home (few hours a day) for two full weeks. I was at my mother's house. (I was able to stop taking pain meds on the 3rd day.) I did nothing but sleep or read or work on my laptop for the whole time. The third week I went home and did my normal routine but no heavy lifting or cleaning. Only worked 1/2 days in the office.

By the 4th week I realized I felt better than I had in years!!!! That week I worked in the office the full week... The next week I worked in the office and then walked for 15 min a day after work. The next week I started to do some deep cleaning around the house that I couldn't get to before the surgery... so on and so on...

I was in remission for 4 months!!!!!! The doctors think the sleep you get when you're under helps CFS/FM patients because we're not used to being fully sleeping.

Who knows why but I was very thankful for those 4 months!

Good Luck to your daugher!

5. quanked

quanked Member

It was helpful to my daughter to hear about your healing process after surgery. Thank you tons.
  6. quanked

quanked Member