Help interpreting Igenex lab results

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by praisingHim, Feb 7, 2009.

1. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

Igenex IGG Result (positive)
    CDC (negative)

31 KDa IND
    34 KDa IND
    39 KDa +
    41KDa +++
    58 KDa +

Igenex IGM Results (negative)

39 KDa IND
    41 KDa +

IFA, B burgdorferi G/M/A PCR > 1:80 (POSITIVE)

Genomic-B burgdorferi: Negative
    Plasmid-B burgdorferi: Negative (Have no idea what genomic and plasmid means!)

Symptoms: In July of 2002 came down with an overnight illness of being very sick...weak, tired, couldn't hardly stand up to take a shower..was bedridden for 3 months. Diagnosed with CFS. I do not have any aches and pains, mostly fatigue and tons of anxiety issues. Sometimes I get weird sensations in my head that came and go, but I have always thought it was due to anxiety.

Thanks for your help!

2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Your tests are significant for lyme. You need to get to a LLMD and get tested for coinfections also.

Your history and symptoms make sense.

Welcome to the club...it might not be a club you wanted to join, but at least there is hope of recovery now that you know what's wrong.

If you don't already have a LLMD, go to lymenet.org....click on flash discussion, then click on seeking a Doctor......register your information for free......then post a question on the "seeking a doctor" board saying something like this..."Need a LLMD in PA".....only put your state in the title.

Someone will send you a private email with names in your state. Some states have more than others...some almost none.

Do lots of research:

lots of info on:

lymenet.org,

lymediseaseassociation.org,

ilads.org,

plus read Dr Joseph Burrascano's paper "Advanced Topics in Lyme Disease-diagnosic hints and treatment guidelines for lyme and other tick borne illnesses", Oct 2008

Make sure you become very educated on lyme and other tick borne illnesses, like babesia, bartonella, ehrlichia, anaplasma, rocky mt spotted fever, etc.

Congrats at least on getting an answer to your symptoms. Good luck!
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Especially if you got sick in July. There is no such thing as the summer flu. It's most likely a tick born illness causing flu symptoms in the summer. Think about it.... doctors don't even offer the flu shot during the summer!

Check out the revised WB criteria here:

http://www.hormoneandlongevitycenter.com/lymedisease/
  4. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

Thank-you so much for your quick response. I did go to a nurse practitioner in Florida (I live in south Georgia) that wants me to start doxy and zithromax combined but since she's a nurse practioner and not a doctor I don't know if she knows what she's doing and if I need to find a lyme doctor. She also didn't say a whole lot about my test except that it's worth taking antibiotics for 2 months to start with to see what kind of response I have on them. I will check out those website you posted. Thanks so much!
  5. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

Thank-you for your response. My dr. that originally diagnosed me with CFS told me that those horrible symptoms in the beginning were caused by chronic fatigue syndrome. He said that my body just shut down and that's what happened because of lots of stress (4 months after I had my 2nd child) and so that's how he explained it. But, what you say about feeling that way in July makes a lot of sense!! I question lyme just because I don't have the aches and pains that most people with lyme seem to have, my symptoms are mostly fatigue/anxiety. Can one be totally pain free and still have lyme? Thanks for your help!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/08/2009]
  6. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I don't have the joint pain either so that makes me question LYme.

Plus a month on Cowden, no herx, month on antibiotics no herx.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2009]
  7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Not everyone with lyme has joint pain. My pain is muscular. It is around my joints, in what feels like the soft tissue, but doesn't really feel like it's in my joints.

Also, some people do not herx.

Everyone is different. There are many different presentations of lyme.

Take a look at the symptom checklist in the back of this booklet.....

http://www.lymepa.org/Basics2007v1.2Rev.pdf
  8. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Thanks for your response. I only have pain when my CFS is really bad, I get sore muscles from overdoing it and creashing.

I will check out the symptom checklist. I wish so many symptoms did't apply to so many maladies.