HELP!!!! is anyone else shrinking here?!?!?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amy987, Apr 26, 2003.

1. amy987

amy987 New Member

the other day i was measuring myself thinking that i would have grown from my original hight of 5'4, but when i measured myself i had lost an inch. i went to the docors, and there too, i had lost an inch, i was now 5'3. i got my bone density tests back and they are inconclusive! i have a good diet, i exercise, and i dont have sodas, does anyone else who is my age or up to maybe their 40's have this problem?
  2. Jane57

Jane57 New Member

My doctor said it is normal to get shorter as you get older. Your spaces in between your joints moves closer together. Cartilage wears down.
  3. nancyb16

nancyb16 New Member

I recently visited my doctor and this time they measured me and much to my surprise I had gone from 5'8 3/4" to 5' 7 1/4" I couldn't believe it. I am 63 and always use my first height for looking at weight charts and even on my drivers license. Guess life is full of surprises and I do know that as we age we naturally lose inches, and this is usually because of shrinking of disc space, as we age.
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

a inch. Sounds just like your story. My Dr said it is the joint and cartlige loss. I was 5"3 now I'm 5'2.